injector situation - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 07:53 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
injector situation

I recently took my truck to a shop to get some work done. Come to find out I have 300cc single shot injectors installed in the truck by the previous owner. Well I ended up bending some push rods and they think I was floating valves. Upgraded on both well now the situation I am in is they are offering an even up trade on my 300cc inj. for 160 cc inj. They said I can cause more damage to my engine with my current inj. and I need to get a dual high pressure oil pump and I will still run the risk of damaging internals on the engine. So I asked them with the new 160cc inj., garrett 38r tubo, and custom tunes is the 450-475 hp range possibly? They told me yes but I dont know what to think something sounds fishy....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelespinoza View Post
I recently took my truck to a shop to get some work done. Come to find out I have 300cc single shot injectors installed in the truck by the previous owner. Well I ended up bending some push rods and they think I was floating valves. Upgraded on both well now the situation I am in is they are offering an even up trade on my 300cc inj. for 160 cc inj. They said I can cause more damage to my engine with my current inj. and I need to get a dual high pressure oil pump and I will still run the risk of damaging internals on the engine. So I asked them with the new 160cc inj., garrett 38r tubo, and custom tunes is the 450-475 hp range possibly? They told me yes but I dont know what to think something sounds fishy....

Few questions... How do they know you have 300cc injectors? They would have to pull them and flow them in a bench to tell you that.

They said you need Dual HPOP's to run the 300cc injectors, but they dont know what kind of injectors you have...

160cc of fuel is going to put you at the 400-425 range, not 450...

What shop was this?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:44 AM

It is a place by the name of Daves diesel in indiana They did pull injectors out for me because I was having issues with a misfire.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:52 AM

Because I really want the hp because theres a dmax around here that toughened up his tranny and did efi live on stock injectors and turbo that puts me to shame when we run em' and I would like not to have that problem anymore but cant afford to go crazy with things kinda limited on spending.I was told by another shop it was the injectors but they quoted me 3500 to switch back to stocks. Didnt like that answer and this shop that its at now can rebuild them so I took it to them and found out it was pushrods so I got stronger ones and upgraded the valve springs other than talking to them today I havent thought for 1min. they were pulling one over on me.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:56 AM

Again... I want to know how they came up with the 300cc number... You can not tell without completly taking the injector apart and measuring the parts, or flow testing them on a bench what cc an injector puts out.

And why would they install new Plungers for free to get you down to 160cc...
Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 AM

No they are going to give me a new set of 160's in exchange for my injectors now thats why im concerned about the trade. That gotta be something worth something if there saying theyll trade.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:08 AM

But I just cant afford to screw anything up so if im not gonna lose performance really I guess I can live with it because the fuel mileage I image would be better.... But it sure would be nice to be able to slap the smile off that dmaxs face
Old 01-31-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelespinoza View Post
No they are going to give me a new set of 160's in exchange for my injectors now thats why im concerned about the trade. That gotta be something worth something if there saying theyll trade.
Again... How do they know you have 300cc injectors? What type of injector are they? 300cc without some kind of oil system would be a smoky pig.

What turbo are you running now? What boost levels are you hitting?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:20 AM

Thats the other part of the story the original work was done 3 years ago by NKP diesel in ill. they did the gt-38r, those injectors( i believe they flow tested them to get the 300cc number), and a dp tuner. Well the next owner switched from that to an edge juice, me not knowing any better stayed with that chip. They didnt tell me what kind they were for sure thats y I dont know if there tryin to get me or help me... Cuz the other shop couldnt tell me exactly what they were but remembered doing the work. Sorry I am not able to give you much to go off of
Old 01-31-2011, 09:22 AM

But even with the edge tuner on there when I got on it wouldnt my oil pressure still have dropped in that situation if I needed a new hpop wouldnt that have shown then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.