Oregon Performance Transmission - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 05:02 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Oregon Performance Transmission

has any one used there SUPER HEAVY DUTY TWIN DISK BILLET TORQUE CONVERTER, i have ordered from them before but never there converters but at 672 dollars and free shipping it sounds good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 06:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxslipknotxx View Post
has any one used there SUPER HEAVY DUTY TWIN DISK BILLET TORQUE CONVERTER, i have ordered from them before but never there converters but at 672 dollars and free shipping it sounds good
Sounds good, might be good, but i havent heard of them much on here, so either take a slight gamble and maybe get a new good source of tc's, or spend a bit more and get a reputable one. just my good luck either way
Old 01-31-2011, 08:23 AM

Sounds like a great way to get experence at pulling your tranny...

If you like pulling your tranny, go with a no name cheapy...

If you like driving your truck, go with someone that will stand behind it.

BTS, John Woods, SunCoast...

Hell even a Ford HD TC...
Old 01-31-2011, 09:17 AM

YA I WAS GOING WITH BTS I HAVE HIS VALVE BODY BUT IVE CALLED THE SHOP THREE TIMES AND THEY SAY THEY WILL CALL ME BACK AND HAVE NOT THEN I SEEN THIS T/C AND WAS JUST WONTING TO SEE IF ANYONE KNEW ABOUT THEM
Old 01-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Derek@VisionDiesel Send a message via Yahoo to Derek@VisionDiesel
I have talked to the guys at Oregon performance Trans multiple times. They told me they were willing to build a trans for my truck and let me dyno it/race/sled pull with it and they would warranty and stand behind it 100% for the 2 year warranty. They said they are more than confident their top of the line stuff will hold my power, i told him id be at 600 just to give myself some room to work with, even though i wont be close to 600!

I would say give them a chance if they are willing to stand behind it, I would of bought a full transmission from them had i not gotten this BTS
Old 01-31-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokeorcroak View Post
I have talked to the guys at Oregon performance Trans multiple times. They told me they were willing to build a trans for my truck and let me dyno it/race/sled pull with it and they would warranty and stand behind it 100% for the 2 year warranty. They said they are more than confident their top of the line stuff will hold my power, i told him id be at 600 just to give myself some room to work with, even though i wont be close to 600!

I would say give them a chance if they are willing to stand behind it, I would of bought a full transmission from them had i not gotten this BTS
Old 01-31-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:

I have been thru this road... no name tranny shops are just that... No name. They will tell you what ever it takes to get your money, then when it breaks you are SOL... I have over 19k wrapped up in trannys in just this truck.

Go with something you know what your getting, and you know they will stand behind the product they sell.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Derek@VisionDiesel Send a message via Yahoo to Derek@VisionDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
I have been thru this road... no name tranny shops are just that... No name. They will tell you what ever it takes to get your money, then when it breaks you are SOL... I have over 19k wrapped up in trannys in just this truck.

Go with something you know what your getting, and you know they will stand behind the product they sell.
Well with signed documents on the warranty and a business license what can they do, if it breaks they must fix it you'd think
Old 01-31-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Well with signed documents on the warranty and a business license what can they do, if it breaks they must fix it you'd think

LOL... Ever heard of a company called ATS... Ever try and get one of there trannys warrantied?
Old 01-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
LOL... Ever heard of a company called ATS... Ever try and get one of there trannys warrantied?
Nope i have not! heard its rough though.

All im saying is the guys at OPT were eager to try and build a transmission and they even took a business meeting to discuss whether or not they were willing to warranty the abuse i told them i was going to put to it. And he said they decided they were going to warranty it for 2 years but they needed to install it.

I was fine with that and would have given them a shot (everyone starts somewhere in the industry) but i found a BTS for the same price so i figured might as well go with the proven stuff if its going to be the same price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
rebuild, torque converter, transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.