What do you think of this truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do you think of this truck

Seats are nice, no rust, bed is really rough cab is fine, no leaks, all fluids good, turbo fins good, probably needs glow plugs and batteries. I can buy it for less than $6000. Cars for Sale: 2000 Ford F250 XLT in Ashland, NE 68003: Truck Details - 283775876 - AutoTrader.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 08:22 AM

Yikes. i wouldnt touch anything with that many miles. Diesel or not. Unless i knew who owned it and what it did. If i were you id keep looking. the motor may still be strong but a lot of other things take a dump at 300,000
Old 01-29-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
Yikes. i wouldnt touch anything with that many miles. Diesel or not. Unless i knew who owned it and what it did. If i were you id keep looking. the motor may still be strong but a lot of other things take a dump at 300,000
Wow really? Its a super duty. emphasis on the SUPER... Theres nothing wrong with high mileage on these trucks, but if you can get it for $6k you're saving 2k off the list price... thats 2k that could go towards the tranny if it takes a dump. Which if you test drive it and it shifts fliudly (once warmed up; nothin wrong with a little buckin cold) you probably dont have to worry bout that. If youve got a reliable and decently priced mech around, take it to them, have him do a buzz test and contribution test (will have to have the right psd stuff for it) and do a scan tool run for your hpop. Both of these should help rule out injector and hpop, the other high priced fixes. And if the turbo fins are unblemished (for 300k miles) then its pretty much all good. Makes sure the suspensions tight, the frame isnt cracked or bent, and I'd say buy the dang truck!

Don't be afraid of mileage!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:09 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
For $6000 or less, I think its a steal.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:19 PM

Great price for a project truck Hope to see this one in a build thread
Old 01-29-2011, 05:30 PM

From a used car lot, $6K is reasonable. I just gave $6500 for a 180K mile truck... but from a friend/indevidual, not a car lot. But by all means, work 'em on the price if you can... i would. My friend whom I got my red truck from replaced it with a 250K mile truck for $4800, but it's got rusty cab corners, bed is rusted out badly, but it has a nice contractors topper on it. Both his and mine are XLT trucks, cloth seats, power stuff.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:07 PM

Looked at it close to closing time and it would not start because batteries were dead and jump box was no where close to doing the job. Looking at it for family member. Price dropped to 5500 without dealing much maybe let them think about it more and see how it drives. No hurry though. Truck has potential.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:21 PM

If it's been sitting there a while... opens up a lot of bargining room. If it doesn't start when you go to look at it, better for you... I'd bet if you offered $4800 like my buddy did, and walk away if they don't take it, you'd get it. Might take them a few days to call you, and you gotta be ready to actuly walk away...
Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 PM

You can tell by the pic that they've had it since at least Sept. by the green grass and trees. nothing but snow now. Tires are sunk in the dirt so it hasn't moved. I have nothing but time don't see it going anytime soon if its been there that long already. Not a big demand for a high milage truck that needs a bedside around here evidently.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
pick it up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.