White/gray smoke issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 02:33 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
blueish/gray smoke issue

I am in the processs of still hunting down my smokeing issue under light throttle and take off. I have tried just about everything I can think of. I just pulled all 8 injectors and the orings and copper washer look fine..... Any other ideas on my I am having these issues, injectors only have 8k on them or so and were from rosewoods injectors premium rebuilds.

Last edited by ju015dd; 03-16-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check your MAP sensor. It tells the PCM what load is on the engine and how much fuel it needs. It's other job is to control smoke by limiting fuel flow during accerlation until a specified boost pressure is achieved.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:37 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonvett View Post
Check your MAP sensor. It tells the PCM what load is on the engine and how much fuel it needs. It's other job is to control smoke by limiting fuel flow during accerlation until a specified boost pressure is achieved.
I am getting no codes at all, could it be bad or not working properly and not throw a code?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The MAP sensor recieves 5 volts from the PCM to monitor the "load" on the engine. IF I remember right the voltage back to the PCM increases as the manifold pressure increases. The way International programs the 7.3 in the PCM allows for a wide range of operating parameters from the sensors without throwing on the check engine light. If the MAP sensor is bad or not reading right the PCM will determine a value for the MAP according to engine conditions it sees from the other sensors. I would check the voltages and see if you do have 5 volts going to the MAP and that the voltage reading does change according to the drop/rise in manifold pressure.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonvett View Post
The MAP sensor recieves 5 volts from the PCM to monitor the "load" on the engine. IF I remember right the voltage back to the PCM increases as the manifold pressure increases. The way International programs the 7.3 in the PCM allows for a wide range of operating parameters from the sensors without throwing on the check engine light. If the MAP sensor is bad or not reading right the PCM will determine a value for the MAP according to engine conditions it sees from the other sensors. I would check the voltages and see if you do have 5 volts going to the MAP and that the voltage reading does change according to the drop/rise in manifold pressure.
sooo close lol

Hes correct it gets a 5 volt reference signal from the PCM, it then goes thru the MAP and returns on the signal line with a reading from 0-4.9V .. basically anything over 2.5V is usually boost..but on our engine due to no vacuum being created its just there for boost and BARO..

So basically if it sees 2.5V it sends that signal to the pcm, Pcm looks at it and lets say 2.5 = 10psi, it adjusts fuel and timing accordingly..make sense?

However..i havent seen many of these fail.. You have a bigger turbo etc?
Old 01-29-2011, 11:15 AM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_Turbo7.3 View Post
sooo close lol

Hes correct it gets a 5 volt reference signal from the PCM, it then goes thru the MAP and returns on the signal line with a reading from 0-4.9V .. basically anything over 2.5V is usually boost..but on our engine due to no vacuum being created its just there for boost and BARO..

So basically if it sees 2.5V it sends that signal to the pcm, Pcm looks at it and lets say 2.5 = 10psi, it adjusts fuel and timing accordingly..make sense?

However..i havent seen many of these fail.. You have a bigger turbo etc?
I have stock turbo but do have stage 2 nozzles.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:03 PM

Hey there you ever figure anything out with your truck?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

not yeat but I think it is weak hpop. Got a srp1 coming in the mail. I can barely get to 2k icp in a 60-90 run and with the splits with stage two nozzels i am getting all the smoke
Old 03-02-2011, 06:20 PM

Ok well let me know if that works. Mine still does same thing with smoke every now and then.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:20 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

I still have yet to figure this out, just blows a blueish gray tinted smoke on acceleration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.