Question about non-service?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 03:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question about non-service??

My son sent his poor running truck to a guy for repair. After 2 weeks and $2,000 he got it back with the same problems he sent it in with! Guy claimed he changed #1 injector,FICM and HPOP. Son took it to the Ford Dealer and they changed 2 "O" rings on the HP oil rail and told him the the injector hadn't been changed. Truck runs great. They said they couldn't tell if the other stuff was done without more labor charges. When my son asked the guy about the injector he said"Sorry,I forgot about that.I have it here in the box" My wife canceled the credit card payment to him!! We really don't know what this guy did??He keeps calling my son about payment....Son doesn't have any money and my wife refuses to pay!! How do you guys here feel about this? He can't show a receipt or invoice for parts.Do we really need to pay him?? What do you guys think I should do??? Sorry about the long post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

HE77 NO! If the guy says he changed things, cant provide an invoice, and otherwise didnt do jack $hit, then tell him to shove it! There is no reason for mechs to falsify stuff like that... crooks pi$$ me off
Old 01-27-2011, 04:24 PM

You as a customer are entitled to your old parts even if they are bad unless the factory requires them for review which is mostly done under warranty. No old parts = no work done. I would make a claim with the Attorney General and contact the Better Business Bureau. If you never paid him this would at least stop the nagging phone calls.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
btw this is a 7.3 forum... if the truck isnt a 6.0 it doesnt have an ficm. lol.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:59 PM

Thanks for the replies.I have a 2001 7.3 and that's why I posted here! My son could be running a Duramax.I only wanted to hear what guys thought about my wife's decision to cancel payment to the mechanic.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:48 AM

Could be running a Duramax? Is that just because its not working or because its a chebby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.