Disabling ebpv - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Disabling ebpv

can I just unplug that lil white plug at the base of the turbo? can i try moving the ebpv actuator by hand while its hooked up? I haven't been seeing quite right boost lately (no gauges, but seat-o-the-pants meter is showing low boost ) And when I really get on it and up in the 2k plus rpms alls I hear is loud hissing, the higher the rpm, the louder the hiss. I can hear the turbo spool (a bit) but it seems lacking too. I'm thinking its either a malfunctioning/stuck ebpv or a pre turbo/ intercooler leak, since any post turbo leaks would have no affect, right? If I can move the ebpv actuator, which way is open and which is closed?

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 10:56 PM

sounds like a boost leak to me
Old 01-26-2011, 11:17 PM

Does your ebpv even come on in florida? j/k

I'm thinkin from what I've deduced through my searches (good ol google) that I can just unplug the pedestal and give it a shot... if the valve is the only power robber ive got, I dont want to have to do boots and up-pipes and all that jazz just yet!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:28 AM

OK, went and unplugged the ebpv harness. This did help a bit, the weird bog down I was experiencing at around 1500 rpms is gone, but in the high end (like 2500 rpm and when under a load, like going up hills) I heard a lil bit off hissin. I'll take pics of intercooler boots and whatnot in the morning, see if yall can notice anything that im too inexperienced to pick up. But I did another test to see if I'm losing something... mods and setup are in siggy. Did a 0 to 60 (semi boosted launch, wound up to 1500 rpm in 2wd and let her rip) to 16.46 seconds, give or take half a second. Is it just me or is this SLOW AS MOLASSES!?!? My ICP still isnt fixed but I doubt it would effect this THAT much... anybody else got 0-60 numbers with similar mods to compare?
TIA ya'll
Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ya man that is pretty slow i think that my grandma gets to 60mph faster than that! j/k i have an 03 ex 7.3 psd that does that same hissing noise almost sounds like a sqeeling noise like burning rubber and it does it right at 2500rpm in boost too. did unplugging the ebpv modual help that noise go away at all? i have a 4" straight pipe i wonder if that is making the difference?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
whats an ebpv ? i deleted mine long ago. ha.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselPowerGary View Post
ya man that is pretty slow i think that my grandma gets to 60mph faster than that! j/k i have an 03 ex 7.3 psd that does that same hissing noise almost sounds like a sqeeling noise like burning rubber and it does it right at 2500rpm in boost too. did unplugging the ebpv modual help that noise go away at all? i have a 4" straight pipe i wonder if that is making the difference?
Unplugging the ebpv got rid of a lot of the load on the engine, but it was more from the 1500-2300 rpm range, the 2300+ load/leak is still there
Old 01-27-2011, 09:54 AM

You check the up pipes for leaks?

Sounds like a boost leak, and a drive pressure leak.

Did you unplug the EBP Valve at the base of the turbo, or the EBP Sensor at the front of the motor?
Old 01-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Did you unplug this one?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 AM

yeah, i unplugged that one, at the base of the turbo. A pita to get to with them intercoller pipes there.

I need to crawl under the truck and check my up-pipes still. Its all mushy outside and I need a dang driveway or garage.

My intercooler boots are greasy/oily too, I'll take pic, Idk if they could leak that much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.