A few pics/questions/statements - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A few pics/questions/statements

First pic is my DIY intake First of all let me say this is a P.I.T.A. to get into place on an e99, had to shift the battery and relocate a couple relays to get this thing in place. An now the questions for it... So I had the batteries disconnected when i did this so the pcm would reset or whatever, would this effect the way it drives when I connected them and started driving it again? Doesn't it hafta re-learn your driving habits or something? It seems to drive different... Oh yeah, it seems a bit louder too, not just the WOOOSH at higher rpms, but even just on start-up and accelerating it seems to have much more injector noise... idk. A 3rd thing, how many of ya'll run a pre-filter, and those who do where can I get them? I'm not doing a lot of harsh driving soon, so i'm not too worried, but i figure a lil extra insurance wont hurt.

2nd pic is my stock gpr i took off and took cut appart when I did my stancor mod... man this thing was FRIED! just plain crispy in there If the stancor ever goes out I'll take that hoss apart and post pics too

3rd pic, and I know I'm probably gonna sound like a total idjit, but wtf is this? It was up under the dash and I saw it while looking for my IDM, which I found out was mounted in the fenderwell.... I'm guessing PCM? Somebody please edjumacate me.

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Attached Thumbnails
A few pics/questions/statements-diy-intake.jpg   A few pics/questions/statements-fried-stock-gp-relay.jpg   A few pics/questions/statements-wtf.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 PM

bump.... anyone?
Old 01-23-2011, 06:30 PM

I dont know anything about the "relearning" stuff, but I do know that when I mod my truck, I start listening harder and trying to hear problems. If I hear one little noise the AC is off and the radio is off and I'm listening. My guess is that its in your head. Intake looks good!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:41 PM

Ha well thats a good possibility, I still havent been told if my e99 injectors are quieter that 99.5-03 injectors so maybe thats all in my head too and thank you! says in your siggy you have the DIY intake on your truck, do you run a pre-filter?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:10 PM

I'd have to agree, I think the e99 is quieter... I just got an e 99 truck a few days ago, and parked next to my 2000 F350, the idle chatter of the 2000 is louder.

I have the DIY intake on my 2000, and the parts to do it to the '99 in it's back seat... no pre-filter tho... I put in a new one once a year need it or not, my buddy is a cheapazz and we put one of my old ones on his newest truck. Trust me, it was loads better than the one we took out...

Old 01-23-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcrawler View Post
I'd have to agree, I think the e99 is quieter... I just got an e 99 truck a few days ago, and parked next to my 2000 F350, the idle chatter of the 2000 is louder.

I have the DIY intake on my 2000, and the parts to do it to the '99 in it's back seat... no pre-filter tho... I put in a new one once a year need it or not, my buddy is a cheapazz and we put one of my old ones on his newest truck. Trust me, it was loads better than the one we took out...

OK, guess I have to upgrade injectors to make mine louder....

And wtf, was that truck parked running in front of a coal conveyor? That filter is sickening!

Edit: and I kinda of answered my e99 quieter question by myself earlier, I parked next to a buddy of mine's uncle's truck, when he started his truck up it had way more bark than my e99

Last edited by Buffalo444; 01-23-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: forgots info
Old 01-23-2011, 08:39 PM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
yea, yourd 3rd pic is the PCM
Old 01-23-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasaliac03 View Post
yea, yourd 3rd pic is the PCM
Ha ok, I figured as much, but thank you for confiming my guess. I hope I can find a pcm upgrade for a reasonable buck now.... stupid e99 pcm

Edit: your truck still makes me sad that I dont have such a purdy ride, and where's the pics with the new mirrors and whatnot?! lol

Last edited by Buffalo444; 01-23-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:40 PM

Your air filter would have been a lot easier if you had used a 45* pipe instead of a striaght one, the 99.5+ trucks already have more of a bend in the intake tube and use a straight tube, e99's fit perfect with a bent pipe.
Yeah the factory GPR's don't do too well.
as already said, yep, that's your PCM.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryraised View Post
Your air filter would have been a lot easier if you had used a 45* pipe instead of a striaght one, the 99.5+ trucks already have more of a bend in the intake tube and use a straight tube, e99's fit perfect with a bent pipe.
Yeah the factory GPR's don't do too well.
as already said, yep, that's your PCM.
Yeah, of course I only found this out after FINALLY finding some pictures of an e99 DIY intake oh well, it fits and im happy. Might be trading for another e99 so this might come in handy then lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.