Raising the rearend - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Raising the rearend

We put a leveling kit in the front of dad's 02 and now he wants the rear raised up to make it look better. Is there a block we can put with the leafs to make it come up 1.5- 2in? I thought I remember there was some TSB or something on the earlier models that had a replacement block for the rearend that was a little taller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just put on 4" ready lift blocks part number rlp_66-2094 for my 2000 ford excursion and they were an easy install. Some trucks have the tapered blocksand some don't you need to make sure you buy the right ones. I think the standard cab and extended cabs use the straight blocks and the crew cabs and F350's use the tapered blocks, but not for sure you would need to investigate and find out.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok thanks, Is that a Ford P/N? His truck is a Crewcab. I'll do some research on it though.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Premium Member

They made a 2.5" and a 3.5" block for the rear. Supposedly the F250's had the 2.5 and the F350's had the 3.5", but I don't know for sure. Mine had the 3.5". Maybe put a post in the wanted section and someone will have some laying around...I know when I did my lift I took them out.
-Aaron
Old 01-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i just put f250 blocks on my dually. f350 blocks are 3 5/8 tall. f250 blocks are 1 7/8. if you want, i will give you mine.... i got an exceptional deal on my 250 blocks and am willing to pass on the savings. they are from my 99 and are 11, make it 12 years old, and have surface rust.but are just fine. i cant give you the ubolts, as mine are different than yours. pm me if you want them.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

PM sent, thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I guess I have one more question. When we tow about 15000lbs on his truck it really squats now. Would it be best if we just add air bags, or is there leafs we can put back in there. Does any one put the 1tons leafs under the 3/4 truck. Just looking for the best way to fix it. thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I did the ready lift on the front of my 06. To level it out I added air bags in the back. At approx 15 psi I am level and have better tow ability. Defiantly recommend.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
with overloads, the truck will still squat with a heavy load. there is a gap between the overload spring and the rubber stop. so when the truck squats from the load, it will cause the spring to come into contact with the stop. overloads will just cause the truck to squat less. air bags will let you level the rear no matter how much weight you have in there. you can adjust it by the amount of psi you put into the bags. if you add springs to the spring pack, you will decrease the squat, but it will make the unloaded ride much harsher.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I didn't think about the ride quality. Not that a truck is ever going to have a good ride. I was considering the air bags. Now I see that some guys have the ones where you manually set the PSI, and the ones that come with the compressor and you can adjust with a remote. Is the price that much different form one to another.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.