New truck... mod time!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 06:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New truck... mod time!!!

So it's now sittin' in the drive way... early '99 Superduty, ext cab, short bed. 4x4, 7.3 PSD, 6sp man trans... few dents on the bed, no real rust other than the back foot or so of the frame... (gonna need shackles and hangers soon)
Got it from a friend of mine who has had it for about a year... 180K miles, needs a good cleanin inside, but not in bad shape. Some wear on the drivers seat, but it's expected.

Been pickin' up the parts for the DIY intake, found a boost and EGT gauge at the house (were bought for the van in my sig, but never put them in yet...) and already have a partial stick of 3.5" exhaust pipe in the garage, next to the MIG welder... sounds like a straight exhaust to me! So all the prep work for a DP Tuner will be done. Or at least I have the parts... finding the time is the trick.

Prev. owner said he was getting about 17 mpg with it... That's a nice jump from my dually, it gets around 12 mpg on average. Now if I can just get some yellow paint on it, and get it lettered up like a work truck, maybe the company wallet will be payin' for stuff instaid of my personal one...

And I'm sure someone is gonna say something about pix... don't worry, I will post as soon as I can... haven't had a chance to snap one yet. Right now it's just an old dirty red ford. Want to take a picture of paint, not dirt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 09:46 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ooh another red truck. sounds good man cant wait to see pics. get some shackles before they break.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The red powerstrokes look the best!!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsencc86 View Post
The red powerstrokes look the best!!
Had it not been for another local contractor already having red trucks when we started our company about 10 years ago, my choice would have been red. We took yellow just for the eye-catching ability of it... the only other un-used option that I was givin was bright orange, so the lesser of two evils was yellow... It has grown on me, but I would still take it over orange! And red over both!

Was lookin' at the door jambs last night, and painting a red truck yellow would look terrible unless you do all the door jambs... my dually, it was white, and the yellow outside with the still-white jambs doesn't really catch your eye, but if they were red, it would stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm not too crazy about the tan interior the red truck has... would have liked gray.

I'm keepin' an eye on the shackles, they aren't as bad as some I've seen... hope to pull the bed off this summer, and will repair them then.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:02 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How bout some pics already.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:14 AM

I want to see the van that eats children and trees lol.

You probably know that e99's are in need of injector etc upgrade to get them on par with the non e99's right?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
I want to see the van that eats children and trees lol.

You probably know that e99's are in need of injector etc upgrade to get them on par with the non e99's right?
Yeah, kinda bummin about the E-99 downfalls... but lovin' the 6sp and the fact that you can idle everywhere it seems. Drove my auto dually to work this morning, and it feels like it down shifts all the time, and it's screamin' when it does... keep wanting to shift it!

I'd be too scared to have a child-eating van... but an old mud truck that is listed in my sig? Yeah, it's a beast... Chevy long bed truck, one tons and 40" boggers are awesome.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:49 AM

oooops...shud read a little more carefully hey? Sweet old truck!

Yeah I prefer a handshaker to an auto too but they can be a little tedious in traffic or if ur feelin lazy lol.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:08 PM

Hope that helps... off to get some tires now. Nothing more than some freebies, 285/75/16's I picked up from the buddies local tire shop...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.