Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looking at first 7.3

985 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Buffalo444 
#1 ·
I just sold my 5.9 Cummins Ram 3500 now am looking for another 5.9 or a 7.3 Ford. I know the 7.3 is a great motor and I am going to go look at on tomorrow. It has about 95,000 on it and it had a plow. The truck appears to be very clean it is a 2001 ECSB so I doubt it was plowed with heave, also it is in S. Jersey and we do not get much snow. They are asking $18k which seems to be a good price from what I have been seeing. The truck is an automatic 4x4, is there anything I should look for on it? If I do but it what kinda life expectancy can I expect from it?

#2 ·
I am sure you could find a better deal than that! Around here you could get the same truck for around 12-14k. The 7.3 is def the motor to get from ford. They will take you to 500k relatively easy. The cummins is an excellent motor as well but as I am sure you know you will have to worry about the dodge truck that comes with it. I would say to keep looking and if you had to travel a bit to get a better deal it would probably be worth it!

#3 · (Edited)
YouTube - powerstrokehelp's Channel

That aught to help with the things to look for, I know theres a thread around here somewhere but I listen better than I read. :hehe:

18k seems like a high price, but thats just me. Unless that thing is EMMACULATE, I wouldnt say any more than 12k, but anywhere from 10-14k sounds right.

And as far as life expectancy, these things will run a LONG, LONG time... if you take care of them. The 7.3 is right there with the 5.9 cummins when treated right.

and :ORG welcome:

oh wait.... you arnt brand new... lol welcome anyway

#4 ·
I must be livig in the wrong state the LOL I can't find a decent one for under 20k... If anyone is looking to sell I am looking for a ECSB or CCSB 7.3 auto 4x4

#5 ·
:dunno:Would Penn be close enough for ya?

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.