Anyone else had this problem HELP!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone else had this problem HELP!!!

So ordered a guage set on 6/05 from RPM Outlet. I wan't a set of Auto Meter Gauges but the sales man on the phone says that Stewart Warner is their new supplier and he talked me into going with them. I did'nt get a chance to install it until saturday 6/30. When I opened the tranny temp guage I notice that it is an old capillary style guage with a probe as big as a banana. Now, being that a 4r100 is already tapped for an electric sender trans temp guage I want to just send it back to switch it for the electric guage. So, I called them that monday 7/02 and they say that the electric guage is not available and that all returns are handled through the help desk, and that returns must be within 30 days. So that gives me three days to get a return authorization. I tried calling every 30 minutes during their business hours until 07/05 until which time I realize that this place must be joke. So I called back into their sales line and the very rude salesman says so sorry try again. I went back to their website and found a place to apply for a return authorization online. So I go through this long drawn application type thingy and in the section where it ask why I'm returning the merchandise I type in what the problem is very detailed. In the section where it ask what my desired resolution is I type in that I would like a full refund minus the 15% restocking fee. Then, I hit the submit icon and it says request successful and they will respond as soon as possible. I check my email immediatly after submitting the request and I see that I've gotten an automated responce from their websit and it shows my intire request that I just filled out including word for word what the problem was and what my desired resolution is. (I'll even foward this email to you if you'd like to see it) I'm thinkingg finally............ Well, that afternoon I check my email again and see that I've gotten a responce from them. They say that my return is denied because I didn't include what the problem was or desired resolution. I called the sales line back, they say resubmit, so I did. They have not responded at all this time. Do one of you guys live near these guys (they're in TX) and would'nt mind dropping in and asking them just what thier problem is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Emergency Services

sry bout ur troubles..hope u get it worked out
Old 07-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
wow that sucks... sorry about that..... this isnt the first time i have heard bad things about these guys.. hopefully you can get it all squared out.....i sell auto meter and have never heard about stewart warner gauges.....
Old 07-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wow. I've actually considered that place for the purchase of a gauge pod/ gauges since it's only an hour or so away. Send them a link to this thread and tell them that their poor customer relations is already affecting future purchases. There are a lot of board members here that live in Houston so I'm sure someone will be responding to this. Keep us posted.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah we'll see what happens. It just blows though
Old 07-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Beer Drinker/Ballast Guy

Sorry to hear about that. It's crap when all you would like to do is spend money at their establishment and they give nothing but problems. Good luck.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:01 AM

If you paid with a credit card, get VISA/MC/whatever involved. If they reverse the charges, I bet you get a call very quickly.

I've only ever had to do it once, but it "enlightened" a flaky vendor. Now, I research vendors first and only buy from straight-up places...

Best of luck with it!
Old 07-08-2007, 03:16 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
I would definately try the credit card route if that is how you paid - a lot of people don't realize the kind of protection they have when they use a credit card for things...

as far as the vendor - Maybe someone in the Houston area will be on to see if they can do anything to help you out. Sucks when all you want to do is spend $$$!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 07:49 PM

You could also go the route of thing like The Better Buisness Bureau. Or the County Attorney in TX. You could always call up and when the first person answers ask for a manager. then when he/she gets on, go for his/her boss. There is always a top person. Be persistant.

Remember the rusty nail always gets hammered, or something like that.....
Old 07-14-2007, 08:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to rednek01 Send a message via Yahoo to rednek01
I looked at their page trying to find an address. If you get one send it to me and if they are close enough I will check them out after I get my truck fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.