Auto to Manual Swap 2002 F350 NIGHTMARE, please help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto to Manual Swap 2002 F350 NIGHTMARE, please help

I have read several write-ups on Auto to Manual Conversions. I went ahead and did the swap. One thing I did NOT know was that 2002 was the year for did a wiring overhaul. I also didn;t notice that all the other trucks were 1999-2001.

I have an Check Engine Light On. the cheaper Actron scanner says "no codes" but the SnapOn says other wise. I had the Computer reburned for a Manual Transmisson too. There were supposed to be 2 pairs of wires on the Automatic's gear selector switch(DTR Digital transmission Range Sensor) plug that I was supposed to be able to tie together... only two of the wires match the other guys writeups, I don;t have the other colored wires. SO to get the engine to start, I took the gear selector switch off the Auto Transmission and just put it in park and ziptied it to the frame.

The truck is getting about 8 MPG.....

It started snowing today out here and so I noticed that the 4x4 does not work either (I kept the electronic shift T-Case and just swapped out the input shaft to fit the Manual.)

One thing I notice, is on The last two pages it shows PIN 37 on the auto being the TFT Transmission Fluid Temp but it shows the Manual as using that pin for the EOT Engine Oil Temperature. Pin 38 is also used for the EOT on BOTH the Manual and the AUTO. The sensors, according to the dealership, for the EOT and ECT sensors are the same for both auto and manual.

Page 124 and 126 confirms this. But I don't understand where/which wire on the trans connector plug is for the trans temp, and where should is be spliced into the EOT sending wire. It's LIKE on the Auto it comes out of the PCM and goes straight to the trans TFT sensor, BUT on the MANUAL, it comes out of the PCM, goes to the ECT, goes out of the ECT, goes to the EOT/EBP/ACT/& Injection pressure sensor. The CODE that the Snapon brings up is "P0118 Circuit High Input)..... If you know what is going on here, please spell it out to me, I'm dumbfounded... it's like I found the problem and don't know how to physically fix it.

Page 88 shows something else I don't understand. The Manual has an "Auxiliary Powertrain Control Module" (APCM)... What is that? does my auto truck have it? do I need to buy it and wire it in? if so, where?

Page 140 shows some 4x4 stuff that I don't know what to do with.

Page 221 shows me the black/pink wire that goes to the plug on the manual trans so the reverse lights work.... not a real big help.

Although I'm not concerned about the reverse lights and cruise control, the cruise control needs to get tweeked too. I read this "There is a communication line between the pcm and clutch position switch which even if hooked up goes to a different pin on the manual pcm. Pin 29 for the auto harness has a tan and white wire which hooks to the OD cancel switch. On the manual pcm, that same wire is for the clutch position switch. If you take the Tan/WH wire from the cancel switch and connect it to the tan/LB wire from the clutch position switch, effeectively you give the pcm back the signal to cancel/engage the speed control." I don't know what or where the cancel switch is, but I hope this fixes the cruise when I get to it.

Please help me fix my mess. It doesn't look like there is THAT big of a difference between the MANUAL & AUTO but there must be more that there is on the 1999-2001's

Heres another link to the wiring PDF incase the one above doesn't work.

link removed

Here is the list of codes I am getting from the SNAPON after it runs its tests:

PCM MEMORY CODES

-P0118 ECT Circuit High Input

Cluster Memory Codes

-B1318 Low Battery Voltage at Module

-U1027 SCP DATA Fault for Engine RPM

-B1352 Ignition Key-In Circuit Fault

-U1262 SCP DATA Fault for J1850 BUS

ABS Memory Codes

-C1230 Rear Speed Sensor Circuit Fault (This one actually is right, I think the sensor went bad, speedo still works though)

GEM/SJB Memory Codes

-B1359 Ignition run/ACCY circuit Fault

-P1865 T-Case Contact PLT Power Short Ground

-B1483 Brake Pedal Input Circuit Fault

-P1876 T-Case 2wd Solenoid Circuit Fault

Last edited by ClearProp; 12-16-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Winning DUHHH

Ever figure out anything?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm going to bump this up because I am looking to do a swap in my 2002. I would love for the op or someone to close this up. Is the 2002 different>?
Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well I can tell you for sure that the 2002 is definitely different from the 99-01's. It is much more complicated to get the wiring straight. It is possible, Just a pita.

Auto to Manual Swap 2002 F-350 wiring please help - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.