Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

drag racing advice

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kneelandearly99 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I own a 7.3l powerstroke with the 4R100. I'm curious of how I should have my trans set up when I drag race. As everyone here knows that the overdrive has a lock out on/off button on the shifter. should i launch with the overdrive button on or off? Also if i do launch with it off when should i shift into overdrive for maximum speed? thanks!!!

#3 ·
gillet diesel compressor upgrade (91mm exducer) 4" turbo back exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake, Dp tuner (140 tune), Gillet diesel fuel spring, hpx oil crossover, terminator modified 17 degree oil pump, AEM water methanol, poweraid throttle body spacer, bully dog shift kit, extra hayden transmission cooler, billet triple disc torque converter, 2.5" tuff country lift, 295/70R17" tires. riffraff diesel fpx fuel crossover and airdog 150 soon.

#4 ·
wtf? diesels dont have a throttle body to space lol. anyway.. just dont beat the crap outta her all the time and she'll go...

#5 ·
I know they don't have throttle body, That is just what the product ts called lol. Its a product power-aid (airaid) made that goes into the boot right before the intake manifold and its suppose to create a some sort of spiral/vaccuum effect. I guess theres dyno proven results of up to 4 hp hahahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.