Amsoil oil analysis repot - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Blackstone oil analysis report

Well I got my Oil analysis report from blackstone everything has always been perfect except this time the sample had a little lead in it. The report said it could be a harmless particle streak? I am sure one of you can tell me what that is. Oh and I am pretty impressed with the recommendation to run the oil 11k miles (AMSOIL)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OILANALYSISDEC2010.pdf (18.1 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by StrokinVA; 12-08-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow, they suggest 11k miles on the oil? You running a bypass filter?

I just put in an oil guard bypass filter and am just passing 3k miles, only going to go to 4k then send in a sample for analysis, hoping they say its fine to at least 7500, 11k would be great!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:01 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Going extended it is a must to have a bypass filter. No matter the quality of the oil, it
cant make the contaminants disappear.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:09 PM

No on the bypass filter have wanted one for a long time just haven't gotten around to it. After a little research i am pretty sure the reason from the elevated lead content is because of the extended drain interval. When I ran the oil 7k miles the lead was at 5ppm and with a 5k oil change the lead was at 4ppm. So I would assume that the lead probably hasn't increased just the miles between oil changes has.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:28 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Lead..... so did you by chance collect the oil right at the begining? Sometimes if the oil you collected hit your plug, you will get higher level of lead and or iron.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:11 AM

Very good report. Like they stated, may just be an anomaly. With AMSOIL products, you can and many do get up to 25k or more out of one oil change with AMSOIL fluids and their filter. Someone mentioned running 11k on oil without a bypass. AMSOIL's filters are some of the best you can get on the market today. They are made of a synthetic nanofiber, not paper. They have a nominal filter rating of 98.7% all the way down to 15 microns. Plus they are backed by a 25k mile or 1 yr guarantee.

Personally, with analysis I went 28k miles on one oil change without any issues. I conducted two oil analysis over the life of the oil and both came back clean except for higher than normal copper which they attributed to leaching of the oil cooler.

If anyone has any questions about AMSOIL products, feel free to PM me.

Take care,
Old 12-12-2010, 06:52 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmanners View Post
Very good report. Like they stated, may just be an anomaly. With AMSOIL products, you can and many do get up to 25k or more out of one oil change with AMSOIL fluids and their filter. Someone mentioned running 11k on oil without a bypass. AMSOIL's filters are some of the best you can get on the market today. They are made of a synthetic nanofiber, not paper. They have a nominal filter rating of 98.7% all the way down to 15 microns. Plus they are backed by a 25k mile or 1 yr guarantee.

Personally, with analysis I went 28k miles on one oil change without any issues. I conducted two oil analysis over the life of the oil and both came back clean except for higher than normal copper which they attributed to leaching of the oil cooler.

If anyone has any questions about AMSOIL products, feel free to PM me.

Take care,
Looks to me like Blackstones opinion, by the last sentence in the Comments section, is that this has nothing to do with it being AMSOIL oil.

In fact, their professional opinion seems to be just the opposite That buying AMSOIL over dino oil is kinda a waste of your money!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 PM

Galaxie ...
I waited about 10 secs before I collected the sample but like you said I could still have not waited long enough.

NoRalph....
They did say that they noticed no difference in running dino vs synthetic but I do notice the difference in the way the truck runs and drives. When I first got it I was running rotella 15 - 40 and thought it was fine but when i switched to the amsoil i couldn't believe how much better the idle was and how it quieted the injectors. Not saying rotella is bad but in my opinion I think amsoil is worth the extra.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Serving Our Country!

this stuff is completely over priced and their claims are rediculous imo. is amsoil going to buy your injectors when you push it to a 25k interval...
Old 12-13-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablos30 View Post
this stuff is completely over priced and their claims are rediculous imo. is amsoil going to buy your injectors when you push it to a 25k interval...
Sorry you feel that way. Here is a link to their warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.