Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

truck leaked fuel and oil on hard start

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  icysmooth 
#1 ·
Ok so its been cold havent plugged my truck in and went to start it today,well it toke a around 5 mins didnt want to heat the starter up too much. well got 12 miles down the road and stopped and talked top my dad and there was diesel and oil around the front axle popped the hood and no leaks and everytrhing was dry. Well just got home and there is a spot on the driveway around basketball size spot off the same mixture where my truck was. where could this have came from. Runs great :dunno:

#4 ·
Sounds like the same thing mine is doing, except I dont have any oil leaking. Check it out and see what you think.
Na the fuel bowl looks dry and nothing in the manifold :dunno:
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3l-powerstroke-problems/179826-help-fuel-leak.html
How did the engine look underneath?
Any fuel dripping from fuel drain line?
Do HPOP lines look dry?:dunno:
The engine itself was dry just the center crossmember and front axle. no fuel lines wet and hpop lines the same

#6 ·
More then likely the fuel bowl drain is leaking. Replace the O rings.

#7 ·
ok, I went out and ran it and looked all around and didn't see anything leaking. I is coming out of the metal hose that comes off the bottom of the fuel bowl. I turned the yellow lever and heard a pffst sound like air release, fuel started pooring out of the metal hose. I turned it back off and now nothing. So could air pressure could have been causing it? I did just change my fuel filter a week ago and now all of the sudden this starts happening. I have changed many of them on my old 97 7.3 never had that happen.

#8 ·
Ok so got it fixed today ended up being the fuel drain on the bowl just replaced the whole thing for 59$. the main was leaking out. wasn't just the o-ring. Also changed the o-rings on the ccv on the valve cover no more blowby around that:wink[3]:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.