A night of maintenance..things learned. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
A night of maintenance..things learned.

Sooo after changing every filter known to man on my truck last night and a few other things I learned a few things..

The previous oil change we rinsed the pan with diesel.. just poured a bunch down the filler tube. I thought it was great and cleaning.. but last night when draining my oil(same interval) it wasnt black! It still had some brown to it, not all soot filled.. Best old trucker trick ever, i'll continue to do it, btw we rinsed any extra diesel out with a lil fresh oil.

Changing the fuel filter and found the bottom of the bowl full of crap, so used a flat head screw driver scraped up alot then rinsed the bowl out again, unplugged the fuel bowl heater when we were in there, dont need it. ha.

My air filter was pretty filthy.. and i drive dirt every day, i had the cover on it, pretty filthy too gotta hose that. Worth it for the fresh air, could hear the turbo a lil better.. Made sure to date it this time to see how long it lasts before it is due again. Its cheap insurance I say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not sure about adding diesel to the oil, that oil runs the injectors and I am sure
anything but oil is not advised.

The old truckers had old style engines with mechanical pumps, much different than
what is in your truck.... I only add oil to my oil.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmd View Post
Not sure about adding diesel to the oil, that oil runs the injectors and I am sure
anything but oil is not advised.

The old truckers had old style engines with mechanical pumps, much different than
what is in your truck.... I only add oil to my oil.
I obviously didnt put diesel in my oil, i rinsed the dirty oil pan out with it, and then rinsed any extra out with fresh oil, but i've seen no problems with it and im sure im not the only one doing it, just saying..

If i was leaving diesel in it yeah there'd be a problem. its a cleaner.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What kind of air filter do you have and what do you use to clean it? I have an AFE system and I need to know how to clean it properly.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Banned

Not reusable, its just a 6637 style filter, disposable. call it whatever you want, tymar, etc. but ya.. sorry cant help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.