2 Cycle Oil...20 mpg, No way! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 Cycle Oil...20 mpg, No way!

Let me preference this with a couple of things, I don't want to open a huge can of worms with this because I know a lot of guys are for this stuff and a lot of guys are against it. Bottom line is, I finally said to hell with it and put it in. I put in about 16oz on a full tank. For some reason I didn't see a whole lot of different (in the first tank), maybe a bit, but I was driving in the mtns so there's really no way to know because I filled it up again when I was reading about a 1/2 tank left, I dropped in about 5oz or less with about 14 more gallons of diesel.

When I got back to SC my odo said I had clicked off about 330 miles....weird thing was I had an 1/8th less than a half tank. So given that the fuel gauge is pretty unreliable at times I just kept on going (usually I fill up at about 350 miles)....right now I have an 1/8th of a tank left (same tank that I filled up in the mtns) and I'm reading about 455 miles on the odo. I do have stock tires and no lift....I usually get about 380-400 miles to the tank. So a 3 mpg increase....is that even possible?? I'm not 100% sure that I believe this crock at all , but I just wanted to see if any one else had seen anything like this with ULSD ? Thanks for input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

yea most see about 1-2 but nice job with the 3. I am in the same boat as you, I still have to try this and see if it works.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I never ran it for better mpg, I just did it to help lube the fuel system.... hmmmm interesting.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:22 AM

I'm so skeptical it's not even funny. I just wanted to see something that actually worked ... I've run DieselKleen for 5k miles and just didn't feel it... No change in MPGs, power etc...ran somewhat cleaner though. I know a lot of guys think it's great stuff and I lived by it too....I just wasn't getting anything out of it I felt like .... I've seen the research on the product so I know it has benefits....but still....

What I'm worried about is my fittings coming loose with this 2 cycle stuff...3 mpgs is good, but I don't feel like paying for it on the back end with leaks etc... either way I thought it was interesting stuff. 20mpgs for something that weights 9k lbs is interesting
Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM

My truck runs way better with the 2cycle oil but I haven't really noticed a difference in MPG. Did you factor in the gallon+ of 2cycle oil you put in the tank?It's not fuel technically but it is an extra gallon and at 17mpg normally it would add another 17miles on top of the diesel you put in.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:33 AM

Agreed...even though it's not fuel, I'm counting it like it is....but I've got 100 extra miles in this tank for some reason. 100-17= 83...so I'm still not too bad off. Trust me though, I'm going to fill up sometime this week and I'm going to keep a close eye on it and see what my mpg is on the next 3 tanks ....if I can do 500 a tank over the next 3 tanks....sorry, but I might stick with this stuff.

Kitchene, have you noticed any problems with the truck...loose fittings etc. I haven't but noticed people ( 1 or 2) saying they had leaks all over the place...
Old 12-01-2010, 11:42 AM

are you using the super tech t3-w stuff from walmart?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:47 AM

Heck yea !! Good guess? Or you already knew I was a cheap @ss ?!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:49 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I noticed a solid 1-2 MPG increase from it.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:58 PM

So, most of us are seeing gains or some benefits.... if anyone has had problems, please post 'em
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.