clutch? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question clutch?

I've just bought a 00' f250 7.3L 6spd, and am new to this forum. First things first, I've noticed that there are several performance upgrades into which i'm quite interested. My first question if anyone can shine some enlightenment on the situation; I'm looking at installing a ts 6pos chip, and will be using the 140+ setting from time to time, with that being said, I have a 6spd completely stock. Does anyone know if I will be fine running the chip without upgrading the clutch? please send some info, i'm dying to start seeing what I can acheive with this 7.3.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You'll be fine for a bit, but if you run that 140 enough, your clutch will be gone soon.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:45 AM

I'm just running an older Superchips Programmer on my pickup (the two setting one) in performance mode for now... I spun the center of my clutch out on the 13th of this month - the pisser was at the time I was driving it like a grandpa, and never have really "beat" on it. I did upgrade to a ceramic HD setup (~$800) and labor to install was $415 locally. My new pedal feels a lot softer, but the clutch does indeed grab harder. The mechanic (usually I do most of my own wrenching, but its my work truck so I had to have it done ASAP) told me that I shouldn't even have a problem with the new one. I actually like it more, just because the damn pedal isn't so stiff - after driving around a city with the old clutch and stiff pedal my knee would be about shot for the day. And I'm only 25...
Old 12-01-2010, 07:11 AM

I ran my stock clutch with a 100hp chip and it did fine until the clutch got its normal wear and then it would slip. i know have the south bend clutch and love it.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

awesome, thank you everyone for the input, i really appreciate it. I'm not going to drive it like its stolen, but save the real power for a rainy day. Im getting a new clutch with tax income, but i was just making sure i dont put the chip in and then immobilize my truck within a month lol. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.