Rainwater in engine valley - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 12:36 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rainwater in engine valley

I am trying to figure out how this rainwater keeps getting under the hood. I noticed it due to just pulling the ipr out the other day and cleaned up everything really good. Well it rained the night after and went out the next day to check everything and had a good puddle under in the valley. Thought is was a fluke and mopped it all up nice and clean. Well rained pretty good last night and what you know nice crystal clear rain water back in the valley...... Anyone else have this issue and is it a problem I need to try and fix. Just funny, no water any where else but there from what I can tell. Some how it is running down from somewhere and accumulating right there in the valley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Never heard of this, but break out the garden hose and see where it is coming in at. I also can't see how it would hurt anything, as long as no electrical connections are sitting in water.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:20 AM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
Never heard of this, but break out the garden hose and see where it is coming in at. I also can't see how it would hurt anything, as long as no electrical connections are sitting in water.
Might just have to do the garden hose thing. As for hurting anything I don't think it will either since it is just in the valley.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:02 PM

Maybe it is some how running down the underside of the hood and dripping down onto the motor??? very strange
Old 12-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

mine was FILLED with some kind of flower bulbs when I bought the truck, can't understand how all that crap gets in there. your next option is building a shop, don't forget to put in a bar/plasma.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i had a old 6.9 that i bought with a blown rod tried to figure out what would pop the rod never figured it out,got a new motor and put the original air cleaner on i noticed that the top was rusty and had a hole didnt think anything of it.next day it rained and it was hydro-locked. turns out that the seal on the hood between the back of the hood and the cowl was ripped and letting water pool up on the intake and rust it out putting a hole in it,hydro-locking the cylinder and blowing the original engine
so long story short check that seal between the cowl and hood its probably ripped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.