Oil leak (yes I searched) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil leak (yes I searched)

So before someone posts a video or anything like that please read my whole post first. I am very familiar with the Hpop o rings etc... I did them on my last truck.

On my 2000 I have I would say half dollar size oil spot on my driveway everyday. Underneath the truck the oil is definitely dripping from the hole in the inspection plate. However the front of the engine valley is dry and the rear near the hole is dry. There is some oil in the middle where it looks like there is a low spot (lower than the drain hole) and its not really even a pool more like just greasy.(I think thats just left over from me washing the motor)

Both Hpop hoses are not leaking and I cleaned the motor the best I could and cannot find any obvious leaks up top. Like I said the drain hole near the rear appears to be dry, That fuel line that runs from the passenger side also seams to be in good shape although the spot where it passes the "greasy spot" I described above the pipe seems greasy. I took a pic but the picture makes the whole area look wet when its not (just the finish on the paint coming off)

The two orange rubber couplings on each side weren't clamped down too tight either so maybe that explains the grime around that area.

Also just below the valve cover near the driver side firewall (like the piece that the cover bolts to is kinda greasy, Im not sure if its being slung around or thats another leak.

like I said it looks wet all over buts its really only around those rubber boots
Where else can I check up there for leaks? Its not a major leak but it drives me nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2010, 02:31 PM

Also after driving and coming to a stop I get a strong burnt oil smell inside
Old 11-28-2010, 03:29 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
can you see the rod coming out of the pedestal?get a good light and a mirror
i gutted my pedestal yesterday because of a leak from there
that is the last time ill take the turbo out (it took 8 hours)that back clamp is a b*#&$*
Old 11-29-2010, 04:00 AM

Wouldnt that leak into the valley though? the oil is dripping from the inspection plate area would where you described would the oil end up there? Because Im 99% sure its not leaking through that drain hole on he top of the motor.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:05 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
my turbo is leaking. I think the seals are just beginning to go bad. I can get under it and see oil wetness and a drip on the bolt to the uppipe on the pass side. I see thsiu from the drivers side from underneath looking up. It then runs to the pass side and down as if it was coming thru the drain hole in the intake.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmount View Post
my turbo is leaking. I think the seals are just beginning to go bad. I can get under it and see oil wetness and a drip on the bolt to the uppipe on the pass side. I see thsiu from the drivers side from underneath looking up. It then runs to the pass side and down as if it was coming thru the drain hole in the intake.
your saying you see that from looking up under the truck?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:00 AM

So I still can't figurenthis out, I get a real strong burnt oil smell when the heat is on and the truck is under heavy load ( highway driving or pulling a trailer or plowing)

Should I just get the pedestal seals? And I have ton read some more on the ebpv but if it's leaking from there is there a fix for that or do I have to gut it?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had a similar leak with my 2000. I had 2-4" round spots everywhere I parked for awhile. The leak seemed to have stopped after I did my CCV mod and cleaned all my IC pipes and boots.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:41 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's probably coming from the EBPV actuator rod. I bought the $12 O rings for the pedestal thinking that was it, but it wasn't. I'm glad I replaced them though. Deleted the EBPV, plugged the actuator rod hole, and no oil leaks.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaairman View Post
It's probably coming from the EBPV actuator rod. I bought the $12 O rings for the pedestal thinking that was it, but it wasn't. I'm glad I replaced them though. Deleted the EBPV, plugged the actuator rod hole, and no oil leaks.
worth every pain in the @$$ bolt taking off too to get rid of that thing... oh put a 1.0 exhaust housing on too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.