Lift help (6" + add-a-leaf) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lift help (6" + add-a-leaf)

I need some help with my lift. I just put a 6" lift on my truck today, 6" spings in the front and block in the rear. In the rear I already had a add-a-leaf so the rear sits higher. I was wondering if I can put the add-a-leaf back in the front spring pack to pick it back up to level?

If so, where do I add the leaf to the 6" pack?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2010, 09:31 PM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
leveling kits are made to spec and are set up to run the included suspension, thats why they are kits, but throwing another addaleaf up front may throw all the geometry off in the lift and youll loose ride quality

bu then again, maybe another inch wont hurt
Old 11-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
how much does the front need to go up? might be easier to drop the rear instead....
Old 11-28-2010, 05:44 AM

I like the height of the rear, the front doesnt need too much. The only other thought I had was maybe changer the shackles on the front. Im going to measure it when I get back home and see what would be the easiest and least expensive way to level it up. I still have to get a track bar/bracket so I can adjust it if I go up a little higher.

Thanks
Old 11-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
you could add a 2" hanger kit but then you would throw off the front end.. you would need an adjustable trac bar, longer brake lines, ect ect...

how much higher is the rear from the front?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:09 AM

Measured it last night.

Front 44" from ground to fender
Rear 50" from ground to fender

Im thinking about doing the 2.5" shackle/hanger kit for the front and if its still not level Im going to drop the rear down an inch or 2. I want the rear to sit about an inch higher due to pulling the trailer so that it doesnt sag below level.

Right now there isnt a track bar or a sway bar on the front so I can figure out what I need as far as the track bar and endlinks, as of now the brake line brackets are bent down but theres still alot of room left for them to move. Im willing to swap the brake lines and order the right track bar and endlinks. First thing I want to do is get this stuff figured out so I only have to do the other part once.

Also, I havent installed the new pitman arm yet, as of now the steering wheel is rotated about 90* to the right. Will the pitman arm correct that or is there an easier way? The truck turns and steers easier than it did before, just the steering wheel is turned to the right.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 08:18 PM

I looked at the rear a little closer tonight to see whats all in the back to cause it to be sitting so much higher. Honestly with how the rear is sitting the front doesnt even look likfted.

The rear currently has my 2" add-a-leaf, a 3.5" stock block and a 4" lift block. Id like to keep the add-a-leaf because I tow all the time during the summer with my drag car and I like how it keeps it from squatting. But is it the stock block thats messing up the rear?

Right now the fronts at 44" and the rear is at 50". Im thinking about doing a 2" shackle/hanger lift on the front to bring it up to 46" and then take out the stock block in the rear which should drop it down to 47.5" and make it look level even with the trailer.

Just wondering, does 46" and 47" from the ground to the top of the fender sound right for a 6 or 8" lift with 285/75R16 tires on it right now? Im trying to figure out if I can fit 37s when I get new tires or if I should stick with 36" tires to make sure they dont rub.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 08:19 PM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
pic of it??????
Old 11-29-2010, 08:48 PM

Ill get a pic of it up with the lift on it tomorrow if it stops pouring outside. Its deff higher, just doesnt seem like it since the back of it looks like a monster truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.