Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Chrome Grille Removal??

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  belz 
#1 ·
Pulled some of the chrome off my grille the other day. Thought it would be easy but it comes off in small pieces and would take forever to remove all. Anyone know of a easier way? Thought about thinner or acetone but it may hurt the grille. Going to paint black. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
When I did mine, I used 2 things:

1. A 20 pack of beer (for me)
2. A power washer

Takes a lil time, hence the beer, but I got it all off and then primed it and painted it with Duplicolor spray on liner.

#13 ·
When I did mine, I used 2 things:

1. A 20 pack of beer (for me)
2. A power washer

Takes a lil time, hence the beer, but I got it all off and then primed it and painted it with Duplicolor spray on liner.
Worked for me.

#4 ·
#5 ·
one of these days I have to touch up my bed, I might have to use that liner stuff yall logve so much. hey jeff stay in your 6.0 section will yea? lol jk.

to the op, put up some picts, I might want to do mine.

#6 ·
If I have any of the roll on stuff left over from my rocker panels, you can use it on your bed.

And why don't you quit stalking me around the org.

#7 ·
soak in a bleach bath for up to 36 hours.. thats how i always used to get my chrome badges ready for painting.. after all that time the bleach eats the chrome off of it

#8 ·
Well damn, are you suggesting putting the grille/bumper in the bath tub and pouring in an bunch of bleach???:crazy:

#9 ·
i dont suggest that but being in the springs (im from fort carson) i suggest hitting up the free section of craigslist and getting a free bathtub and putting it outside to do it

#10 ·
:hehe:... how about I just drive around the hood and see if anyone has "lost" one on the side of the road?

Fort Carson huh? You should come check out our chapter.... Centennial State Powerstrokes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

We have several members here in the springs, as well as a couple active/current military members. Pm me if you have any questions at all.

#12 ·
Don't try and peel the chrome off!! Spent about an hour on it and I probably got about an inch wide, 6" long section done. Forget this!! Probably sand the chrome and paint over it!!!

#19 · (Edited)
Greg. I sprayed it with a black spray on bed liner if that's what u r asking. Tires are kumho road venture m/t kl71. I like how they look but I am hoping to get less noise so I am gonna try toyo m/t or nitto trail grapplers.

Fox. I also want amp steps but I don't have that kinda cheese. I may just paint mine black if I can't trade someone for black ones. I posted a thread about that and someone mentioned trading for that style. That's why I asked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.