No instrument cluster & tail lights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-06-2010, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No instrument cluster & tail lights

Lost both at the same time driving to work yesterday. All lights in the instrument cluster & the cruise lights in the steering wheel went out.

Tail lights & number plate lights don't work but marker lights in the front do. Brake lights , signal, 4 ways, backup lights, high & low beam headlights all work.

It has been raining monsoon style here for 2 days plus I am working 12 hour shifts all weekend, plus driving to & from work in the dark so I have had no time to check much. I checked the fuses in the fuse block in the cab & they all look good.

I know its not much to go on but wondering if anyone has had these lights go out & can give me some likely places to check. Must be wiring somewhere,

2001 f-350 ext.cab. 7.3 auto non dually. 262k miles. New HD tranny at 67,000 miles. Boost, EGT, Tranny temp gauges. 04/10 DIY check valve VO conversion. 20 plate FPHE,Fass HPFP set at 70 PSI,TIH, 10 micron spin on filter with coolant wrap, 150 micron prefilter, hrydraforce purge valve, 40 gallon greasecar tank with hotfox, SS braided hose to heads, Oil temp, pressure & fuel level gauges. 110K miles on grease. Monitoring with Torque.
post #2 of 3 Old 10-03-2012, 03:13 PM

did u ever figure out the problem im am having the same issue now

01 F250 7.3 "BIG RED" 182K
MBRP 4" turbo back dual 6"stacks
ts chip
customized K&N intake
bullydog shift enhance kit
rhino lined facelift
05-07 harley headlights
leveled with 33" mts
glowshift trans,egt and,boost guages

Johnny

"We Weave The Blanket Of Security In Which All American's Sleep Under!!!"
post #3 of 3 Old 10-03-2012, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

The reason for the tail lights being out was broken wire in the wiring harness that goes to the back end of the truck. Not exactly sure which wire cause my mechanic found & fixed it. If my memory is right we never did find the problem with the instrument cluster lights. They just came back on & have not done it since.

Sorry I couldn't help you out more.

2001 f-350 ext.cab. 7.3 auto non dually. 262k miles. New HD tranny at 67,000 miles. Boost, EGT, Tranny temp gauges. 04/10 DIY check valve VO conversion. 20 plate FPHE,Fass HPFP set at 70 PSI,TIH, 10 micron spin on filter with coolant wrap, 150 micron prefilter, hrydraforce purge valve, 40 gallon greasecar tank with hotfox, SS braided hose to heads, Oil temp, pressure & fuel level gauges. 110K miles on grease. Monitoring with Torque.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode