Got my Wolo 417 installed today!! little review! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got my Wolo 417 installed today!! little review!

Okay so installed my new air horns today, bought the Wolo Model 417 big rig air horn from amazon brand new 25 dollars,
Amazon.com: Wolo Model 417 Long Horn Plastic Dual Trumpet Big Rig Sound Air Horn Kit - 12 Volt: Automotive: Reviews, Prices & more Amazon.com: Wolo Model 417 Long Horn Plastic Dual Trumpet Big Rig Sound Air Horn Kit - 12 Volt: Automotive: Reviews, Prices & more
bought the switch from amazon for 5 so 30 bucks free shipping got it all, took me awhile to figure out how to mount it all, but i got it, gonna do a littel more tm trying to get it set up a little more solid, used alot of zip ties, i did not want to drill any holes for 30 dollar horns lol so zip ties work too ya kno, lol works awesome got them up front kinda pointing down criss cross like an X

Definitely louder than stock horn, and a totally different sound i really like it, and honestly im considering orderin another set of them and wiring them up to the same switch on the other side, but not yet lol

if you want louder, good sound, and dont wanna spend 400 on train horn set up, the wolo 417 is deff good choice, hard to mount cuz of the length of the horns, but it was worth it to me, didnt get to play much today, will tm tho do some tests see how long itll go, how far i can hear it things like that. just thought id write a little review
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2010, 04:39 AM

Thanks for letting us know. I wondered how they did.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:35 AM

wheres the pics yo?!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:59 PM

Of course! i got pics and a video for you! lol

first pic is just how i have the horns on there, one is actually bolted to frame the other has zip ties holding it

second pic is of the compressor

third pic is of the Y

fourth pic is of the ground

fifth is of relay

sixth is of the inline fuse i put, since it tells you to put one but doesnt come with one lol

seventh is of the the switch and were i mounted it

after those ill have the video at the bottom of this post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

okay so i cant figure out how to embed the video.... so heres the link
YouTube - Wolo 417
Old 11-07-2010, 05:06 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So, in the vid, you have 2 different "honks".

Are they both the Wolo? The second one is kinda high and "tinny" sounding, what was the first?
Old 11-07-2010, 09:56 AM

sorry bout that put it in the discription but forgot to put it here lol, the first is stock horn, second is the wolo, really doesnt get the sound taht it sounds like tho, just did it trying to get you a tone but it didnt work so well lol, it was taken with my iphone 3g so not the best video or audio quality lol

but as an overall comparasion the wolo is not a DEEP horn, but i checked everywere and these are the deepest you get till you go to something like a train horn, just depends were your budget is lol for me it was cheap lol and like i said i may add another set on the same switch be kinda interesting lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.