BOOST - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 05:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BOOST

I have an 01 f250 and I was wondering how many pounds of boost I can safely run with the truck as is. The only things that are done that I know of is an edge tuner, stage 2 inj., and a stage 2 turbo that is shooting 20 lbs. of boost. Can I safely go higher and if so how high?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I also have a question about turbos in general, I bought my 1999 with a second aftermarket turbo on my 7.3, and I don't know anything about them.

Also I don't have the extra guages for it, and I've been running it through fields pulling stock trailers, how do I know if I'm giving it to much power and still pull up muddy slopes?
Old 11-01-2010, 07:06 PM

With the stock turbo on mine I get a max of about 26 psi, just enough to set an overboost code. (Soft code, Check engine light comes on for a few seconds, goes out. Doesn't come on again untill you over boost again.)

With twin turbos... I dunno. Hope someone who knows about twins will chime in...

EGT is the most importaint, followed by Trans temp if you have an auto and tow at all. Boost is more just for information, it's not gonna have a 'redline' that you need to watch like the EGT and Trans temp would...
Old 11-01-2010, 07:11 PM

So you think I would be alright running like 28 to 30? Because with the edge tuner I can set it so it reduces the engine if my egt goes to high, and ive got a trans. temp gauge in the A pillar. and that ive never seen exceed 125 in 90+ weather.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:17 PM

it depends what turbo you have as to how much boost it can handle, pictures of whats on your truck could help us figure out what you have.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:56 PM

alright thank you for the help I will try to get some asap.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelespinoza View Post
I have an 01 f250 and I was wondering how many pounds of boost I can safely run with the truck as is. The only things that are done that I know of is an edge tuner, stage 2 inj., and a stage 2 turbo that is shooting 20 lbs. of boost. Can I safely go higher and if so how high?
Edge is crap; no offense. And I'm not positive, but i'm pretty sure edge cant be tuned for stage II sticks/ turbo. What turbo is even on there anyways???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbedcowboy View Post
I also have a question about turbos in general, I bought my 1999 with a second aftermarket turbo on my 7.3, and I don't know anything about them.

Also I don't have the extra guages for it, and I've been running it through fields pulling stock trailers, how do I know if I'm giving it to much power and still pull up muddy slopes?
Make your own thread, you'll get more replies. But it's prolly an oem Garrett on there; I wouldn't worry too much. If your worried just grab a boost/pyro and worry no more.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:19 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If your turbo is stock you want to set your wastegate to no more than 27psi to keep it safe and anymore psi than that your turbo isn't efficient anymore.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:24 PM

I know the guy that I purchased the truck from already had the edge tuner on the, it had a DP tuner on there but thats gone. I would like to change tuners but dont know what to go with ive heard TS, DP, or custom route but i dont know. As far as what kind of stage II im gonna try to dig into it tom. and find out if it even really is its still in the garrett housing.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Banned

Dude.. custom all the way. I say go with TW.. he's a beast at what he does. Are your stage II's single or split shots? I highly doubt that edge crap is able to be tuned for sticks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.