Halloween Flame Thrower ... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Talking Halloween Flame Thrower ...

Ok its not what you might think but let me explain. My wife got us involved in the church truck or treat the other night. Hey at least its for the kids right, any ways. She really went all out and decorated the bed of the truck to look like a grave yard with tomb stones scary creatures etc... I even had the power converter hooked up so she could run the scary music and a strobe light which gave every thing a cool eary feeling. After all that was done I was able to to just sit back in the dark and watch the kids come by trick or treating. As I am sitting there I got the idea that it would have been cool if I could have come up with a flame kit for my stacks (that wouldn't blow them up ) so that as certain people came by I could lite it up and give it the gates of hell look What do ya think? To much? I think I have seen some where one of these kits on a Semi. Not sure I would want to drill holes in my exhaust just for a one night trick or treat. I guess it would be a cool visual effect when your stuck behind a little old lady on a dark road and no where to pass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2010, 08:27 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lmao that would be totally badass haha im gonna watch this just cuz im curious if its been done or could be done lol
Old 10-30-2010, 07:19 AM

Old 10-30-2010, 09:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to joeniel
Now how did you set it up...
Old 10-30-2010, 04:21 PM

I am thinking you could use some thing like that drive way weed burning kit you get from Harbor Freight (among other places). Some king of pizo lighting system (like a grill) and then mount a valve some where in the cab to activate the preasure and throw the fire? Some thing along those lines any way.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:32 PM

itd be sweet if it could be set up were it went with the rpms, like when he was revving it hard the flames got huge, thats still baddass!
Old 10-30-2010, 04:34 PM

You could get an used propane injection system and plumb it into the stacks. Then when you nail the skinny pedal it would activate and inject the propane. As for the spark, an electric grill igniter or build yourself a small marx generator.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
tap a 1/8 inch hole below the bed/in the bed and run a line off a propane bottle,regulated to somthin around 4psi,take a grill ignitor and tap a hole fer that as well right above the injector nozzle,leave the propane bottle open and light....take off.....i imagine there has to be a better way.but ive been thinkin of doing this as well....maybe ill set somthin up and market the thing!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

The video of the flamethrower was done by Gerig in Mt. Pleasant, SC. He used sparkplugs (originally) and injects gasoline into the stacks. He plans to sell a kit once all the kinks are worked out.

He's

BuickLeSabre1960

here on the org. Contact him. Maybe he'll give you a few pointers or not?

Last edited by Hank; 10-30-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter23 View Post
That'd be me

The problem with using spark as the ignition source is keeping the electrode from fouling out due to the soot. Other than that I use gasoline from a separate tank injected below a glow plug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.