wiring diagram? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wiring diagram?

Anybody got a wiring diagram for a early 99 f350? dunno if that makes a difference or not, lol looking at purchasing a keyless entry system, (going cheap) and for the same price i can get alarm too, dont want the alrm system for now just want to know how i wire the doors.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what part of the wiring are you looking for?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 AM
Banned

ok wiring the doors i dunno since my manual doesnt mention anything about alarm systems. dunno if it was aval at the time for f2/350s
Old 10-25-2010, 12:39 AM

yeahh not sure, at the moment im mainly just wanting to add keyless entry... may end up just buying a keyless entry kit without the alarm option,

Ill prolly post a thread about it but just as a question have you installed any aftermarket keyless? im looking cheap lol not viper i know i can get theres for 50 on ebay, but i can get some really cool ones with good reviews for 30 40 bucks... mainly looking for the keyless entry, horn honk confirmation, panic button, and were it flashes parking lights...

thanks man
Old 10-25-2010, 04:30 AM
Banned

can you find the ford part to give you remote access? does this truck have power locks?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:31 AM

has power locks, but ive messed with the ignition and they never do the unlock and lock, maybe im doing it wrong? but is there a box or a wire for me to look for to see if it has it?
Old 10-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Banned

The electronic door lock system has two main components: the Generic Electronic Module (GEM) and the keyless entry remote transmitter.

The GEM receives input from the keyless entry remote transmitter and allows the following functions to be performed:

Unlock the driver door.
Unlock all the doors.
Lock all the doors.
Activate the panic alarm.
Activate the interior lights when pressing the unlock button.
Deactivate the interior lights when pressing the lock button.
The horn chirps when the lock button is pressed twice.
Allow for up to four transmitters to be programmed.
The remote entry features will not function when the ignition switch is in the RUN or ACC positions.

The keyless entry remote transmitters are reprogrammable and at least two must be programmed at the same time.

To unlock the driver door, press the unlock button on the keyless entry remote transmitter.

To unlock all the doors, press the unlock button a second time within five seconds of the first unlock. To lock all the doors, press the lock button on the keyless entry remote transmitter once.

To confirm that all the doors have been locked, press the lock button again within five seconds of the first press. The horn will chirp once if the doors have locked and all doors are closed.

To activate the panic alarm, press the red panic button on the keyless entry remote transmitter. The horn will sound and the headlamps and exterior lamps will flash for a maximum of two minutes and 45 seconds .

To deactivate the panic alarm, press the red panic button on the keyless entry remote transmitter or turn the ignition switch to either RUN or ACC.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

Old 10-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch350 View Post
yeahh not sure, at the moment im mainly just wanting to add keyless entry... may end up just buying a keyless entry kit without the alarm option,

Ill prolly post a thread about it but just as a question have you installed any aftermarket keyless? im looking cheap lol not viper i know i can get theres for 50 on ebay, but i can get some really cool ones with good reviews for 30 40 bucks... mainly looking for the keyless entry, horn honk confirmation, panic button, and were it flashes parking lights...

thanks man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch350 View Post
has power locks, but ive messed with the ignition and they never do the unlock and lock, maybe im doing it wrong? but is there a box or a wire for me to look for to see if it has it?
so what brand do you have and do you have the ability to post the instructions? or a link to the product manual/site?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod B View Post
so what brand do you have and do you have the ability to post the instructions? or a link to the product manual/site?
sweet thanks for the diagrams man! and i dont currenty have any lol thats what i want to add since i dont have it from the factory

well i dont think i have it from the factory at least ive done the ignition deal and they never do the lock unlock... so i assume its not in there lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.