Need Help! Low Boost - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 05:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Help! Low Boost

I need to some help. Ive noticed over the past few weeks that my truck will only build 12 lbs of boost at wot. I have just recently done the 6637 filter mod. I checked all of the intercooler connections and none seem to be leaking and all the clamps are tight. I have my boost guage hooked into the intake side of my boost fooler right before the map sensor. The line for the boost guage also checks out. Last night i had my good friend/mechanic hook up his versus computer to the truck and it turns out that my IAT sensor is not functioning properly. At operating temps it was only reading between 0-2 degrees F. Would that sensor cause the truck to not build boost? I have noticed that the EBPV has been coming on more frequently lately (temps have been in the high 50's low 60's) even in the afternoons when it has warmed up, but i am thinking that this is due to the bad sensor. I have a wicked wheel installed in the turbo and a 4" turbo back exhaust with no muffler. Back when i first installed the WW, i would easily see 28-30 lbs of boost. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 07:40 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
btw delete your ebpv. useless pos. And that definitely sounds a lil low. get some soapy water and check your ic boots, i need to do this to mine as it feels a little sluggish lately i think.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check your up pipes to.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:48 AM

if the computer is holding that ebpv open even a little bit (which im sure it is because of the temp sensor) you aren't goign to boost for ****. I'd replace that sensor and I bet you'll be all set. Try unplugging the ebpv harness at the pedestal and see if your boost comes back.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the help and info guys. I am going to try and replace the bad sensor and unplug the ebpv harness and see what happens. I am already planning on removing the turbo to replace the up-pipe gaskets and ive been thinking about doing the EBPV delete so hopefully my truck comes back once all that is done. I miss the power she use to make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.