To anyone whos done the Power Door Lock FIX, need help ASAP! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-17-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 419
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To anyone whos done the Power Door Lock FIX, need help ASAP!

Okay i have a question to anyone whos done this, on the front doors were you take the section off that goes to were the key lock is, well theres the C clips holding that on so i popped them both off and well apparently ford made them to were they run and hide so i have neither of them, has anybody else experienced this and does ford sell just that c clip???

Thanks guys
Lurch350 is offline  
post #2 of 8 Old 10-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Stroken7.3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrisville UT
Posts: 556
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch350 View Post
Okay i have a question to anyone whos done this, on the front doors were you take the section off that goes to were the key lock is, well theres the C clips holding that on so i popped them both off and well apparently ford made them to were they run and hide so i have neither of them, has anybody else experienced this and does ford sell just that c clip???

Thanks guys
Take the rod to a hardwarestore and get one that fits, mine has a different lock than yours.

2001 F-250, 6 speed trans, BDP Tunes, Autometer Ultralite gauges
Stroken7.3 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 10-17-2010, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 419
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lol the only problem is i have to have the whole door handle out to take the rod in lol thats the part that sucks but that seeems like what ill have to do, but i do have all power locks now lol just cant lock the fronts or i wouldnt be able to use the key to get in, and i did strip one of those star head screws but i stripd it once it was in so no worries till i gotta take one out again lol.. well thanks man i geuss ill be gettin up and headin to home depot in the morning
Lurch350 is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 10-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Stroken7.3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrisville UT
Posts: 556
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wish I was close to you, I would have liked to help. I thought they were fun to fix. I've asking around with friends and family to see if could find more to fix. Only 1 found so far. Good luck with the clips and let us know how it works out for ya.

2001 F-250, 6 speed trans, BDP Tunes, Autometer Ultralite gauges
Stroken7.3 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 10-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 480
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
While we are on door topic, may I ask for an advice.

My driver side door would not unlock with key. It only unlocks with the clicker. What does it take to fix it?

On passenger side, a burglar tried to break in and damaged the lock. This took place while the truck was with the previous owner. The lock is gone. If I am to replace it with a lock from O'Reilly, can I get the original key to work with the new lock?
mas360 is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 10-18-2010, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 419
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fixed em up everythings good, grabed the E clips at home depot lol thought they were called c clips o well got em popped them on and locks are Perfect feels good to have power locks, now just gotta install keyless

as for your problem mas360, i cant say for sure never had to deal with that, i would assume that you could get them keyed the same... im sure ford could but who really likes to have to go there... not sure maybe duckslayer knows?
Lurch350 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 10-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Stroken7.3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrisville UT
Posts: 556
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas360 View Post
While we are on door topic, may I ask for an advice.

My driver side door would not unlock with key. It only unlocks with the clicker. What does it take to fix it?

On passenger side, a burglar tried to break in and damaged the lock. This took place while the truck was with the previous owner. The lock is gone. If I am to replace it with a lock from O'Reilly, can I get the original key to work with the new lock?
A good locksmith can take care of it for you.

2001 F-250, 6 speed trans, BDP Tunes, Autometer Ultralite gauges
Stroken7.3 is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 10-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Stroken7.3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Harrisville UT
Posts: 556
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch350 View Post
Fixed em up everythings good, grabed the E clips at home depot lol thought they were called c clips o well got em popped them on and locks are Perfect feels good to have power locks, now just gotta install keyless

as for your problem mas360, i cant say for sure never had to deal with that, i would assume that you could get them keyed the same... im sure ford could but who really likes to have to go there... not sure maybe duckslayer knows?
There are c-clips and there are e-clips, e-clips have a little ti**y in the center of them. They do the same thing.

2001 F-250, 6 speed trans, BDP Tunes, Autometer Ultralite gauges
Stroken7.3 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome