Anyone with 1 10" sub in a SC SD? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 03:26 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone with 1 10" sub in a SC SD?

I want to add 1 10" woofer to my stereo. What are my options for boxes? I have a 99 Super cab. Again I just want one sub. Afermarket, DIY, lets see some ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

JL Audio Stealthbox Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with 10" W1v2 subwoofer Fits 1999-up Ford SuperDuty trucks (with front 40/20/40 split bench seats) at Crutchfield Signature
Old 10-17-2010, 11:27 PM

I made my own box but I also work at an MDF plant so I have an endless supply of wood if I messed up I got 2 12's behind my seat not sure on the room difference between the backseat of a cc and an extended cab. One thing you gota watch for is the depth of the sub some are deeper than others and also different brands take different air space. I know JL gives you a sheet of how much air space you need.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:03 AM
Serving Our Country!

I have a crew cab with a 10" JL W1 in a regular truck box behind the rear seat. I would imagine that you have the same amount of room behind your rear seat as I do. Only thing I had to do it take out that tray that was behind the seat. That seat that has the built in speaker is awesome, if you are rich! $550 is way to expensive for me. I bought my sub in the box from a buddy for $55.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:20 AM

for subs in a truck honestly its just easier to take the time and build your own, i got 2 12"s behind my rear seat, mines four door and all tho, but the seat latches and everything its nice gets fairly loud too.. keep in mind though with a shallow sub thats not like the 500$ one your not going to set car alarms off but you can be heard from down the street with my set up. but dont go into it kinda like i did and expect to be able to blow someone with one full size 12 out of the water or nothin lol.

But its easy to build your own just sit down take some measurements find out volume for the sub your lookin at, buy the MDF at home depot, build it up use long screws to put it together and then run a bead of silicone around all edges on the inside to seal it up
Old 10-18-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch350 View Post
for subs in a truck honestly its just easier to take the time and build your own, i got 2 12"s behind my rear seat, mines four door and all tho, but the seat latches and everything its nice gets fairly loud too.. keep in mind though with a shallow sub thats not like the 500$ one your not going to set car alarms off but you can be heard from down the street with my set up. but dont go into it kinda like i did and expect to be able to blow someone with one full size 12 out of the water or nothin lol.

But its easy to build your own just sit down take some measurements find out volume for the sub your lookin at, buy the MDF at home depot, build it up use long screws to put it together and then run a bead of silicone around all edges on the inside to seal it up
i beg to differ lol..
Old 10-18-2010, 08:16 AM

If you can find it home depot try to get Premier Grade or HDF grade the Evo grade is a low density the HDF is real dense you could get away with using 1/2" or 3/8 to make more room Evo is a 42.5 lb density Premier is 46lb and HDF is 60lb if you lived closer I could get you all you want.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:25 AM

you should be around .8 cf on a 10"...theres a formula for the box...cant quite remember it but its something like LxHxW / 1728 or something to get your volume ...easy find. Take your time on the box and you will have no problem. I have had several systems with a single 10 that walked all over 12's. Not always about how much or how big with stereos in my opinion , but how well its put together.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiyrs View Post
i beg to differ lol..
Holy **** lol now that looks like it would set some car alarms off lol nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagle1 View Post
you should be around .8 cf on a 10"...theres a formula for the box...cant quite remember it but its something like LxHxW / 1728 or something to get your volume ...easy find. Take your time on the box and you will have no problem. I have had several systems with a single 10 that walked all over 12's. Not always about how much or how big with stereos in my opinion , but how well its put together.
True, its mainly about space, if you have a full size sub, in a box that meets its recommended amount of volume, a full 10 will hit harder than two shallow 12s in minimum space all day,, in my case however i had no choice but to go with a shallow type sub so i went with two 12s, dont get me wrong they are LOUD and can be heard down the road over the roar of the 7.3, they shake all mirrors even side mirrors, but they are no 12" kickers in ported boxes or nothing lol but you can get shallow subs to sound beast lol, if you need links to sites for info just lemme know i have them all around here somewere
Old 10-18-2010, 04:23 PM

An extended cab has no space behind it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.