Parking brake question. Cable under leaf?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 10:10 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Parking brake question. Cable under leaf??

Read a couple threads about bad design for Parking brake, which I need. Brake doesn't hold and light doesn't go on. The pedal does pull the cable and compress the spring so I was going to try to tighten the star that people refer to. I can't find it though. Any instruction on what this is??

Also, my cable is routed under the leaf spring and it is makes the leaf spring touch it!! There is a black rubber sleeve that shows wear. Is this the stock config or did previous owner do this? Where should it be routed??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The adjusting stars are under little oval rubber plugs in the backing plate under the axle tube. Also my cable is under my spring, been that way it's whole life.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:41 PM

theres a single connector wire that plugs into the pedal assembly theres prob a reason why its not hook up. the reason for mine is that when i release the parking brake, the light never goes off, cause the rubber that hits the switch is missing
Old 10-10-2010, 01:00 PM

Well I found the oval plug and there is nothing behind it??

Also, to second responder, the pedal actually does move the cable. What connector am I l looking for??
Old 10-10-2010, 01:55 PM

ye i know it does, but there a button the pedel press up aginist when its released..my ebrake doesnt work.. but i always set it.. and i end up driving with it on.. so i think i should fix the pedal light.. ill take some pics, the last picture is were u adjust ur parking brake cable, theres a star thing inside that hole u rotate. jack the truck up to have both rear tires in the air, adjust untill the tires rotate with drag, then back it off 1 or 2 clicks

Last edited by wiyrs; 10-10-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:01 PM

Great thanks. So I need to check that connector and maybe replace. That hole is what I was looking at. So I will jack up both tires and spin the tire until i see the star. Rotate until tight, then back of 2 clicks. Thanks!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makey98 View Post
Great thanks. So I need to check that connector and maybe replace. That hole is what I was looking at. So I will jack up both tires and spin the tire until i see the star. Rotate until tight, then back of 2 clicks. Thanks!
as u can see the "rubber boot" doesnt even come close to hitting the switch with my brake is all the way up, thats why i have mine connected.

and the star is stationary. u jack the tires up to spin then and check the ebrake pads drag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.