Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton Alberta, Canada
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im pretty sure ford still sells the dual alt kit for these trucks..
1) New factory (2nd) alternator purchased off eBay for .... $60 from an ambulance conversion company that takes them off new.
2) The factory second alternator bracket is readily available from Ford. F8TZ*10A313*AA. You need to specify the "passenger side". Althought the brackets are the same part number, they are definitely not the same bracket. $130.45
3) You need an additional idler pulley that bolts into the new bracket. F8TZ*8678*FA. $20.48
4) You need three replacement bolts. Two of which will replace existing bolts (shorter ones.) that fit into the a/c mounting bracket. The other one replaces a bolt (shorter one.) that fits into the front of the engine block. It holds down the main groundng cable on the back side, and holds the tranmission cooler and wiring set on the front side. N606068-s100 (x2) and W701844-s309 (x1). The nut on the latter bolt is reusable.
5) You need three alternator bolts. These are the same as the bracket hold down bolts. N606068-s100.
6) I was sold a wiring harness that was designed for the original 110 amp alternator that Ford offers in the dual optional alternator set up. The plug is not the same if you get the standard PSD alternator. These are AMP brand connectors and the plug pins can be released and snapped into the other plug. When I got my alternator from eBay, it had the factory plug and about 3 inches of each wire. You may need the plug. The color coding is not correct either, but you're only dealing with three wires....... deal with it. F81Z*14305*CA $45.97
7) Finally, you'll need a new serpentine belt. Dual alternator option. JK8*1381* $66.18.
05+ coils, 10 Rear diff, box, tailgate, lights, bumper, Full 07 front harley swap...the list is endless.
AS IM RARLEY on here anymore...have a question ?? EMAIL ME
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gladly answer any of your questions. OR search me on facebook. ill help out anyway I can !
updated as of OCT 28/2013