Premier Power Welder - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Premier Power Welder

I just bought one of these units for my '01 F250. Anyone here already have one installed? I'll write up an installation guide with photos once I get it in, but I was hoping someone else already had one installed and could post some photos. I'm not real sure where I can fit the control unit under the hood so I will likely mount it under the drivers side jump seat inside the cab (I have an extended cab short bed).

Also the company rep said I may have to buy some sort of aftermarket throttle control to increase the engine rpm when using the welder, battery charger, etc. Since these trucks are drive by wire, the controller isn't cheap (~$400). I may just try a brick on the gas pedal for the time being. He said without the throttle controller, the truck may go into limp home mode if the idle is raised for any length of time?

Here is the company website: Premier Power Welder high-frequency on board welders, high-amp alternators, charging systems, Ready Welder, trail, off-road
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if you have a chip you could use a high idle tune while using it.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryraised View Post
if you have a chip you could use a high idle tune while using it.
I have a Diablo sport programmer, but I don't recall seeing anything for high idle. I'll check it out though. Thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

its a great product,i have one on my tacoma. make sure your alt is up to the use, a hi amp unit is best. just know this is made to do trail repairs and such,not really the kind of unit you should use as a primary welder.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nation View Post
its a great product,i have one on my tacoma. make sure your alt is up to the use, a hi amp unit is best. just know this is made to do trail repairs and such,not really the kind of unit you should use as a primary welder.

The kit I bought comes with a 190amp alternator.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The goods (most of them) finally arrived and I got it installed. All the cables were long enough for the location I mounted it in except the positive battery cable. They do not want you cutting and spicing their cables (says it will void the warranty), so I just bought a 3 foot section of #4 Marine grade battery cable at West marine and two sets of #4 terminals and bolted my cable to the premier cable. The alternator mounted right up, no problem. I had to fabricate a mount to mount the control box, but other than that, everything was pretty much plug and play. I haven't welded with it yet since my welding helmet has not arrived and neither has the throttle controller to boost the idle for welding. Hopefully next week I'll have everything and can give it a go. For now, here are some photos

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.