Should I buy this truck? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Should I buy this truck?

So I am in the market for a 99-03 7.3L. However, I am looking for a crew cab, 4x4, and manual transmission. I am having a helluva time finding something like this in FL, which is where I plan on purchasing since I live in the Virgin Islands. So I have been searching auto trader and ebay and I found this on ebay: Ford : F-250: eBay Motors (item 260668599730 end time Oct-14-10 20:42:17 PDT)

If I could get the seller to accept an offer of $10,000, which is the most I can spend on a truck, do you think this is a good buy? Buying a truck off ebay goes against all my good judgement, but it seems like the only place to find what I am looking for. The only thing about this truck that worries me is the high mileage, although I know these trucks can go forever, and the gooseneck. Other than that it looks very clean and has everything I am looking for. So any input is appreciated.

Also, are there any states that are more likely to have manual ford diesels than others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
looks like a pretty clean truck for the most part, judging from the bed id say it has seen alot of work. but hey if u can get it for the right price might not be too bad of a deal.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:04 PM

I feel your pain!! I had the same specs for the truck I wanted. I looked forever and had to settle with 2wd and an automatic. I don't think 10000 would be a horrible price as long as engine, suspension, etc.. Check out good. Good luck!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hate to steal the thread, but where in the VI are you?
Old 10-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

looks like a nice truck but so many guys want manual 7.3s that the dealers know what they got and they don't come down very much on the price. your better off finding a private sale truck. Honestly, I think (and no offense to anybody who is a salesman on here) 99% of dealers will rip you off in a heartbeat. and for $40, you can get five carfax reports. You can also go to any ford dealer and they can run the VIN and tell you any dealer work that has ever been performed on the truck.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Premium Member

as long as you've done your research, you shouldn't worry too much about buying off of Ebay. I've purchased several cars (and have sold a few as well) with no issues. The only people I know who have had issues are those who didn't buy a carfax report, or, if they did, dig into the listed issues.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Seems like a nice truck, but i think you can find better??

I dont like short beds. and Its seems like this trucks seen some pretty knarly stuff.
Remember if you cant drive to see it and look at is with your eyes, then who knows wat youll find when you acctually buy it.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the replies, I gave up on the one i posted above. e99f2506p - I am on St. Croix. I am now interested in this truck Ford : F-350 - eBay (item 110596810736 end time Oct-15-10 18:00:00 PDT). It doesn't have 4x4 which is kind of a bummer, but I spoke to the seller and he said that $7,000 is his reserve and I could get it shipped to FL for $350. He says the paint is new and the undercarriage has some rust but not bad. this truck has low miles and vinyl floor mats which are a plus to me. It a pretty basic truck but for the low mileage, this thing has the potential to last for awhile. Can anyone chime in here on their impressions of this truck. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the rust scares me alittle, even the bolts on top of the radiator were rusty.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The fresh paintjob would scare me. Wonder what type of rust they're covering up with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.