Questions needs answer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 02:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Questions needs answer

well my key is getting really shaved, so im wondering does anywhere sell ign/door lock combos, with all keyed the same?

also does LSD 3.73 rear end need to have a addictive added when doing the fluid? i noticed my door sticker says C1 which is a Limit Slip 3.73
i had my diff fluid changed, and noticed it doesnt really act like a LSD

also i was reading that with 37" tires best gearing is 5.13
at 75-80 MPH my rpm gauge is at 1900-2000, wondering what ur rpm are at with stock tires at the same mph?

i went to firestone to get my alignment done(lifetime) and they noticed under full vehical wieght he says my steering bars "pop" at the joints and they recomend these parts. i dunno about what there saying, buy i replaced my gearbox already, and i noticed they listed a new pitman arm? i already have a drop arm, why would i need a new one?

i find myself having to do my alignment every 2-3 weeks cause my steering wheel always gets off center.. sometimes after i drive away. couple months ago i replaced my gearbox cause my last one the output shaft sheared off

Last edited by wiyrs; 10-06-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 04:40 AM
shhhhh, can you hear it?

you could probably get new keys at ford without buying new locks.as far as the diff goes,if you have a limited slip you definitely need the additive unless the fluid says its already added,but some people put it in there just for security and piece of mind.the rest i dont know what to tell ya cause im not a suspension guru
Old 10-06-2010, 05:59 AM

having a lift puts more strain on the pitman arm, replaceing them is common. and sounds like they want to to tie rods also a common issue with big tires. but I would do at least the pitman arm my self, it aint that had to do and you can save at least a little. my suggestion is to check the price for the parts at a local parts store and see how much they are compared to the align place. The price they gave you for the camber "slug" aint that bad though. Wifes chevy with 9in lift is alot worse she goes through tie rods, axels and ball joints about every 12,000-15,000 miles. And your steering being off so offten is the cause of the tie rods. Oh and another thing I would have another quote done on it Firestone is always on the high side here. I go with a local shop cause they are the only ones that do duallies. and it sounds like they are cheaper than the price you got. Hell if it was me I would get the parts, do it your self and just bring it back to firestone and have them adj it for you tie rods are the ez thing on the front of these trucks.

BTW 9.10% sales tax is bad makes me glad to only have 7.4% and I thought that was bad!

Ok now I am done lol
Old 10-06-2010, 06:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes just get a new key cut at ford. If you need a new cylinder they can key that the same also.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannanw View Post
having a lift puts more strain on the pitman arm, replaceing them is common. and sounds like they want to to tie rods also a common issue with big tires. but I would do at least the pitman arm my self, it aint that had to do and you can save at least a little. my suggestion is to check the price for the parts at a local parts store and see how much they are compared to the align place. The price they gave you for the camber "slug" aint that bad though. Wifes chevy with 9in lift is alot worse she goes through tie rods, axels and ball joints about every 12,000-15,000 miles. And your steering being off so offten is the cause of the tie rods. Oh and another thing I would have another quote done on it Firestone is always on the high side here. I go with a local shop cause they are the only ones that do duallies. and it sounds like they are cheaper than the price you got. Hell if it was me I would get the parts, do it your self and just bring it back to firestone and have them adj it for you tie rods are the ez thing on the front of these trucks.

BTW 9.10% sales tax is bad makes me glad to only have 7.4% and I thought that was bad!

Ok now I am done lol
thanks for the info. ye thats what im going to do, that was just a suggest list for why my steering is like that. but i just replaced my pitman arm when i did the gear box.

also i heard to use MOOG K80109 part since its an adjustable camber
Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
not using the additive in the oil with posi will make it chatter going around corners. more than likely your posi is worn out. they were junk straight off the dealers lot. you can rebuild the posi and change the position of the shims and clutches to get more bite. i did that with my 03 and it made a huge difference.....
Old 10-07-2010, 08:43 PM

so. i had to redo my brakes tonight.. (2 months old) and noticed driver lower ball joint moves, so my knuckle moves about 2/8 of an inch
Old 10-08-2010, 05:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That too much movement. Time to replace ALL the ball joints.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx800x View Post
That too much movement. Time to replace ALL the ball joints.
why all? the other side is good and the top is good on the driver. i noticed the wheel moving side to side when the tech was driving it str8 after an alignment couple months ago.. finally had my tire off and checked them
Old 10-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

They all have the same amt of miles right? Usually the rest are not far behind. If I was replacing one I would do them all. Or you will do one now and 6 months later another etc etc. Thats why the steering keeps going out of center,can not be properly aligned when there are loose components.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.