Need help lifting the truck 6" and what is NJ law. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help lifting the truck 6" and what is NJ law.

Im planning of lifting my truck 6" actually is allready on the way but I was not thinking of the law on New Jersey, any help will be appreciate. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I dont know how NJ law is but here in GA they aint gonna take time to mess with you unless you are running like 53" tires or something just crazy. I looked at GA law and from what I read it says altering suspension up or down more than 2" is illegal. I think you will be ok
Old 10-05-2010, 01:51 PM

i live in nj but am not sure of the laws in nj...(being a nazi state there are so many) but i bought a lifted psd over the summer and it passed state inspection. i have a 6" with 37's and it passed. in nj you have to go to a station that does a tilt test to see if the truck will tip over. they basically drive it over differnt grades to see if the truck is unstable. when they give you the tilt test sticker it is like a second inspection sticker that goes next to the standard inspection sticker, with a catch. they hand write the tire size and vehicle height of the front bumper on it so you cant just have it inspected with smaller tires and then swap them with bigger ones after the test. i've done searches on google with no real concrete answers as to actual dmv regulations. i've had the truck 6 mos. now and a cop never questioned me about it or even looked in my direction, actually a few at the local wawa told me how much they liked it. hope this helps. btw where at in nj? i.m in the south right outside philadelphia
Old 10-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey's250 View Post
I dont know how NJ law is but here in GA they aint gonna take time to mess with you unless you are running like 53" tires or something just crazy. I looked at GA law and from what I read it says altering suspension up or down more than 2" is illegal. I think you will be ok
I was reading some where that any thing more than 4" need to pass a special inspection in the state of NJ that was after I did the purchase of pro comp.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:57 PM

also there are only two stations that do the tilt test in the state, one in central nj and one in southern nj. also this is one of the links i found
New Jersey Lift Laws
Old 10-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsho View Post
i live in nj but am not sure of the laws in nj...(being a nazi state there are so many) but i bought a lifted psd over the summer and it passed state inspection. i have a 6" with 37's and it passed. in nj you have to go to a station that does a tilt test to see if the truck will tip over. they basically drive it over differnt grades to see if the truck is unstable. when they give you the tilt test sticker it is like a second inspection sticker that goes next to the standard inspection sticker, with a catch. they hand write the tire size and vehicle height of the front bumper on it so you cant just have it inspected with smaller tires and then swap them with bigger ones after the test. i've done searches on google with no real concrete answers as to actual dmv regulations. i've had the truck 6 mos. now and a cop never questioned me about it or even looked in my direction, actually a few at the local wawa told me how much they liked it. hope this helps. btw where at in nj? i.m in the south right outside philadelphia
Thanks. that's really helpful. And I feel mush better now.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleof250 View Post
Thanks. that's really helpful. And I feel mush better now.
Ho, Im fairview nj northeast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.