Transgo which kit to buy? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 08:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Transgo which kit to buy?

I have a 01 F250 i pull a small utility trailer 12x8 fully loaded i'm guessing wouldnt weigh more than 4500 pounds would i be alright to put the performance reprogramming kit in it i think the working truck reprogrammer would be a bit over kill for what i tow. Or should i just go with the shift kit... kinda confused
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
well if you get a custom tuned chip it will prob be the same thing.. the shift kit will boost your line pressure.. but a custom tuned chip will do the same thing....

my suggestion is
Gauges first
then a custom tuned chip like a TW, PHP or DP

if you need any prices let me know...

-Raul
Old 10-03-2010, 08:13 PM

got guages, tru cool tranny cooler... Looking at a dp tuner, is there any thing else i can do to protect the transmission besides a new torque converter just want to keep this one around as long as possible once it goes out going to ats for a new transmission
Old 10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
add a new valve body.. and make sure Jody knows which one you put on... JW and BTS is the ones i would choose

why are you sold on a DP? dont get me wrong they have very good tunes but once you go DP you cant ever switch... everyone else is using the TS style chip... so lets say you got one from a tuner and wanted to try someone elses tunes you could send it in to get reburnt... you wont be able to do that with the DP

also if you purchase a TW chip new you get lifetime reburns.. so if you ever decided to get diff tunes or if you some day add new mods like upgraded turbo or injectors you can send it in and get it reburnt for those mods for free...

-Raul
Old 10-03-2010, 08:55 PM

Havent really had any experience with tw know a couple of guys with DP and they work well. Plus more tunes guess that doesnt mean quality tunes but...
Old 10-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

get the tugger kit, drill the plate .030 over and dont look back. I bought the tugger kit from summit for $93.00 bucks. I ran a custom valvebody in my lightning so i spent quite a bit of time researching this. The tugger is a complete reprogrammer kit that not only corrects the shift, but also corrects several design flaws of the 4r100.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
like wingnuts had mentioned, i had just gotten done spending a lot of time reading and researching a valve body and other parts for my trans because i want to keep it alive for a as long as possible before a rebuild, and that tugger kit is what i have chose to do.

all you have to do is look at a few lightning forums and they all recommend it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.