diesel secret energy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
diesel secret energy

has any body used this product. they claim it's better and easier than biodiesel for .46 cents a gallon. so i ordered it i will let you guys know how it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2006, 08:23 PM

Never heard of it. Did you see it in an infomercial? Here's a link http://www.dieselsecret.com/
Looks like bio diesel with vegetable oil. Dont think its worth it.

Last edited by New2diesel; 04-26-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:00 AM
Banned

be very carefull of what you add to your rig......good ol cetane booster should be good for a mile or two per gallon increace....and its safer........Marc
Old 04-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What type of cetane booster do you use?
Old 04-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Premium Member

l

looks interesting, never heard of anyone using it though. i would be scared to be a "test vechicle". injectors and the pump are expensive to replace.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

according to the web site they say it is better than bio-diesel and store diesel. it has more lubracation than either of the other diesel fuels. also there is not need to convert anything on your truck just mix filter and pump it in. i hope it works.:pray:
Old 04-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Banned

im gonna throw some stuff out there. it basically looks like this product is claiming to turn WVO (waste veggie oil) into a burnable diesel alternative that requires no modifications. first off i will warn, not all WVO is equal......DO NOT get your WVO from fast food resteraunts or fried chicken places. these oils are sub par to begin with and then are over used. the best place to get WVO for any purpose is from oriental resteraunts particualrly...but any good sit down type resteraunt that serves higher quality meals is a good bet. WVO in and of itself has great lubricity properties so if this product does as claimed, i would see no problems. i would reccomend highly you try mixing it first to start out with. start at 75% diesel and work your way down through about 6-8 tanks down to strait home made fuel. this will allow for you to make sure the product works and see if you have any negative effects performace wise without finding out the really hard way. the other thing im gonna say is make sure you change your fuel filter a little more religiously. i would probably start doin it every 7500, and work your way up to the normal 15k over the course of a few changes to make sure you dont have any issues there. i may be playing his on the way too safe side....but if it was my truck i would want to test the watters instead of diving right in, you never know where that shark is........Marc
Old 04-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

you know marc i think were are on the same wave lenght. everything you just said was exactly what i was planning to do. i also have a 55 gal tank in the bed of my truck which i was only gonna use it for the dse and leave my stock tank for store diesel.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2001F-350
you know marc i think were are on the same wave lenght. everything you just said was exactly what i was planning to do. i also have a 55 gal tank in the bed of my truck which i was only gonna use it for the dse and leave my stock tank for store diesel.
sounds like you are approaching this fuel trial in a great way.....being cautious is the best bet to find out if it is good with minimal risk to your motor......please let everyone here know how it is working for you as im sure there will be some interest.......plus im curious too
Old 04-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Yeah a lot of people just can't get over the initial fear of a product like that causing harm to their engine or wallet. It will definitely having a first hand account on just how well it works. Maybe fire up a thread once you get set up and update it every week or something and we can all see the progression with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.