towing and questions regarding 00 ford e350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
towing and questions regarding 00 ford e350

Hello all. im new here and could use some help.

I just wanted to see if these temps were normal before i hook up another trailer. i tow a flat car trailer and offroad truck total weight about 10k im guessing.

Without my trailer and with my new gauges and pod im getting a paltry 5psi of boost when getting on the interstate and going up the merge ramp. seem quite low but i dont know what im supposed to get. this van is tired and was used as a magazine delivery truck before i bought it. it has 500k miles on it. so 5psi boost may be all to expect out of a non wastegated no IC cooled truck with that many miles.

Second EGT's are around 850 and dont top that without the trailer. i can quickly cool it down by letting off the throttle. this is not towing and that number may go through the roof...I dont know yet and am scared to find out. Would removing muffler and cat lower EGT's? or is the best way 4" or 5" exhaust? the 4-5" exhaust for our vans seems overly expensive. i called around and it was always 500$ more for the vans than the trucks because "sales of the van exhaust are lower so the price is higher" is the reason im given.

Lastly. my transmission temp is 140 on the interstate never goes above that. thats thanks to the 6.0 trans cooler. i highly recomend that mod to those that have not done it. it was hard shoehorning the 6.0 large cooler into the van but it will fit with some determination.

One other thing. Whistle. I like the turbo whistle. i dont have that much. i guess my turbo is worn. is that little black box on the engine on passenger side hindering the turbo in any way?

I dont really want to put a ton of money in this truck. I also dont really want to chip it either since it has so many miles on it in the first place. if those numbers above are normal i guess i can live with it.

thanks for any and all advice from you pros here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

if its legal fro you to remove the cat do it. muffler too if you wish, but removing them should help lower egts. the tubo could be due for a rebuild if its never been done, which it probably hasnt. also check your up-pipes, if they leak there is a boost loss. check your turbo boots for cracks too, that will cause boost issues. i dont know if you can fit a diy 6637 intake in a van, but if you can go for it. you egts may slo come down when you get your boost fixed. check your turbo for shaft play as well. good indicator.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:42 PM

2000 e350

no cat on a 2000

the 6637 mod just won't fit in a van, unless you cut it through the doghouse and put it in the cab... disclaimer.. not a good idea

I'm sure it's been done, but I've never seen it, but relocate the battery, and modify the hood with a speed hump and the 6637 mod will fit there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.