need some input 2000 7.3 project - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need some input 2000 7.3 project

I am combining a matching pair of 2000 ex cab long box trucks. both have been wrecked I am going to come out with one good truck frame and cab but my questions are about my engine/ trany options

Truck 1 7.3 auto, was rolled currently runs and drives, smoke due to oil in intake from rollover

Truck 2 7.3 zf6, front end collision bent frame ruined everything in front of engine. even broke water pump, I did jump start for 1 second just to be sure it would fire off.

the truck I am planing to end up with will use the zf6 trany that I will have to swap over to the good frame. my question is should I swap the engine and trany together or just tranny, cabs are already off, second what is my best option for selling the unused motor. I am thinking that selling the running engine with auto tranny together would bring more. and I would have to fix up the one with broken water pump

or I could buy 2000 Ford F-250 XLT SD
and insert my tranny/transfer, buy the rest and sell truck

what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
need some input 2000 7.3 project-progect-trucks-107.jpg   need some input 2000 7.3 project-progect-trucks-112.jpg   need some input 2000 7.3 project-progect-trucks-111.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am not an expert so please excuse me if this a dumb statement but i would check to make sure the transmissions are interchangeable, i know there are a few different versions of the 7.3 motor, but im not sure if that affects the transmission. Second i would do a through check on the actual damage to both motors. Anytime there is a crash there is always the possibility for non-visible damage. As far as what would be the best motor to sell depends on the damage. Obviously the least damaged motor would fetch a higher price. Although if you keep the motor with the most damage then you will incur more costs in repair. Unfortunately without knowing the true extent of the damages its hard to say which motor is better to keep or sell. On a personal note i would be leery about buying any wrecked motor and would expect it to be sold way under what the motor was actually worth. This might make it a wash no matter what motor you sell. I hope this helped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.