Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Spare Tire Holder For Bed

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  RadarRider 
#1 ·
I've had my train horns for quite some time now, but reality has finally reared it's ugly head & I'm looking for a solution to a small problem. Now that the horns themselves have taken over the space of where the spare tire was once located, I'm going to need a holder of some sort to keep the spare tire in place inside the bed. I'm just worried that one day, I'll have to stop short & my spare's gonna come sliding up & destroy my air compressor(mounted @ the head of the bed). I saw something in a Diesel World or Diesel Power mag, where there was an advertisement for a spare tire holder that swivels out for easy access, but I can't find that issue & of course, it wasn't an ad it was just a quick feature DW or DP was showing.

Does anyone know what this product is or something similar? I want to buy something I can just bolt in before I'd have to fabricate something, y'know?

#3 ·
It's lookin' like I'll have to make one. I actually don't have a 5th, so I'd have to go with the swivel.

#7 ·
I'll have to get the materials together. I imagine, anyway, that the actual bolt on would be an arm & leg.:nod:
What about one of those retro style carriers that hold the tire vertically in front of the wheel well?
Only if I had shiny fiberglass-belted radials with gigantic whitewalls. Gotta look fancy, Mike.
move the train horns
Lemme think about that for a second.............................................................................NO!

#9 ·
I could live with that. But to be even more fancier(& vintage), I'm gonna hafta duct tape some BIG fenders on it for that ultimate Tin Lizzy or Triumph look.:woot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.