I was looking around for best way to be able to turn my fog lights on with just running lights. So what I did was
Tools: Small flat head screw driver, Soldering iron (not actually soldering) or anything pointy and hot, some form of a rotary tool eg. Dremel and a brain.
1. Pull the entire light switch assembly out
2. Pull knob off
3. Take the front face off by heating the glue on the existing tabs (use a soldering iron) that run around the perimeter of the back of the face. Pull the face loose not off.
4. Squeeze the small tab on the switch it self to remove the entire face
** Notice the ramp on the back of the face that prevents you from keeping the fogs on with just running lights**
5. Use a rotary tool to grind down the ramp so it is level to the full head light side
6. Put the face back on while dabbing some glue on the tabs
7. reinstall the knob
Awesome, now you can turn you fogs on by pulling the knob out just like it was meant, and should have been, to be! No wire splicing! And the little fog light emblem lights up! Exactly what you've wanted.