99 7.3 AC Problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 05:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 7.3 AC Problems

Installed new compressor, clutch, new high/lower pressure switches, cleaned all lines out and recharged system. At first in worked great!!! Now only works in cool outside temps. Also at interstate speeds it gets really warm in the truck. The lines have great condensation and are very cold to the touch even when its blowing warm air on the inside. The clutch is also engaged. What is the next thing to check?? Thanks for all your help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 05:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If the lines outside are getting good and cold but the inside air is still warm to the touch then it could be your blend door actuator(motor). Its the motor that operates the door/flap that controls how much air goes across your heater core. The motor/actuator itself is only about 40.00 from ford. Its under the dash but I am not sure how much of a trouble it is to get to. I know on a taurus its a 10 min job and on a crown vic its a 4 hour job. Just a thought, hope it helps.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:55 AM

Any luck?
Old 09-15-2010, 06:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

We recharged the system, actuator door works fine, lines are very cold to touch under hood. I can only get about a 15 to 20 degree difference from inside temp to outside temp. So since im in Louisiana every day is almost 100 and it feels like its 80 to 85 inside the truck. Something else is going on. It will freeze you out early in the morning but as the day gets warmer the ac starts getting warmer.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:22 PM

Heres two more things to try and if that don't help then I am stumped. When you cleaned the lines did you vacume pump the system for a minimum of an hour? If not then you could still have moisture or trash in the lines which has now plugged up the orifice tube. You will need to drain the freon out again,replact the orifice tube, then vacume pump for an hour then refill with freon. Now if all that was done correctly then it could be something as simple as you needing to remove the condinser(the thing that looks like a radiator mounted infront of the radiator) and clean it out real good. Dust,mud, bugs etc... over time clogs these things up and won't let the system cool correctly.No air flow. That could be why it works good in the morning(the out side air is cool) but not the day. Hope this helps,let me know!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Can i order a bigger/better condinser from someone?? Oh, all that was done to the A/C with a vacum pump. My mechanic is a very good one, but this has got him stumped too.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:55 PM

Glad to hear you have a good mechanicI wasn't trying to put any one down if it sounded that way. I don't know of a bigger one It has to be something simple that has been over looked but darn if I know. I hope some one else would chime in and help. Let me know what you find out.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

He also put a injector in it after finding one that didnt pingged correctly. It started have a very rough ideal in the morning. Well the dang thing is still have having a rough ideal only in the am. After about 20 min or so of driving it seems to clear up. This dang ac and now injector probs is gona drive me nutts!!! I need this truck running every day cause i haul my equipment to jobs.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Do any of you guys know a company that sales really good injectors that are not as exspensive as factory ones?
Old 09-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Powerstroke Junkie

Bean's, Casserly, several others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.