Good deal? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Shake and Bake!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good deal?

Went to get my stone chips in the winshield fixed yesterday and the guy had a 99 F250 and we got to talkin' LOL. Said he had a Bully Dog tuner he would sell me for 150 bucks. Im just wondering if I'm getting over or undercharged. I've never bought a chip so this is all new to me. He said it worked for Ford Chevy and Dodge, so I'm guessing it's something like thier Triple Dog thing? I'd like to know what you guys think, since this is a dive into the tuner world. Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

YES, its WAY overpriced, cause of what it is...

BULLY DOG
Old 08-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Shake and Bake!

And what's wrong with Bully Dog ? Pros, Cons?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:55 PM

Its generic tunes. No Bully Dog, Edge, Banks, etc...

Go with TW, DP, Swamps, etc...
Old 08-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Shake and Bake!

And the difference between generic tunes and non generic tunes? Again I'm not looking to put a bunch of HP in it, you know? Just something to toy around with and maybe put a little HP into it. Like what would be the difference if I bought the BD or an Edge? different settings? Do all of them come with a high idle setting?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:36 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the BullyDog GT, bought it a few days before I joined this site. The boost reading isn't accurate, & I don't think the trans temp is either. It did wake up the truck since it had some other stuff already on it, but with what I spent on it, I really should have went with a custom tune. No, it doesn't have a high idle. It has stock, tow, performance & extreme. I usually just leave it on extreme, it bumped up the mileage about 1.5 mpg. When towing my toyhauler, the extreme will build the EGTs very fast, & have to switch it to tow or back to stock on the hills... If I had to do it over, I'd do it for $150, other than that, I'd get the custom tunes. Once I start getting a few more hours at work, I'm going to sell the one I have (Not on here, nobody will even give me a 6pack for it) & get some real tunes.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Shake and Bake!

Thanks for the feedback man. I might just pass on it and get a Diablosport, my boss raves about it. Anyone have experience with those? What chips would come with high idle? I'm not too confident in myself to be messin' around with my throttle position wires Haha.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:42 PM

Diablosport is in the same bucket with the bully dog, edge ,superchips etc etc. I used to have an edge evo and I will say it gave me more power but it was just "raw",I guess you could say. The trans slipped and shifted hard as all get out. I listened to all the folks on here and got some tunes from a custom tuner. I went with PHP and I love it, the truck is stronger than the edge and I cant even feel the trans shift most of the time. You can also get the high idle setting with any of the custom tuners.
Im not a chip/tuner pro but just speaking from what I have read and experience.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:16 AM

Buckedup,

Heres the options you should be looking at. TW(Tony Wildman, totaldieselperformance.com), DP Tuner, PHP, Swamps Diesel, Beans Diesel. I know im forgetting one or two but if you gonna buy a chip these are your options. (Google search and you'll find all the websites, just remember'd TW off the top of my head)

And yes, can have a high idle setting with any of these
Old 08-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Shake and Bake!

After searching around and a visit to some of the webites I can definitley tell the difference between the ones with generic tunes and the ones with custom tunes. Thanks for the feedback everyone. The feedback has been a great help. Looks like TW might be the one I'm gonna go with now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.