Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

GOOD DEAL?

775 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Zaairman 
#1 ·
I'm looking at buying a 2000 F350 4x4 ZF6 EC/SB with a TS, stacks, intake, 2"leveling kit and 35's. Its got 170k on it and the only problem that I saw was the inside of the rear doors on the bottom are about to rust through. I know how bad rust is especially up in the north east, but to be honest, it'll cost me more to buy one from the south or midwest than it will to buy this one and fix the rust as best as I can. No one seems to have a decent milage SRW 4x4 with a ZF6 in decent shape for under 12k within 500 miles of me. THis one is just over an hour and I wont have to pay two states worth of sales tax. Opinions anyone? Thanks.

#2 ·
See if you can take a metal sander with you and see how far the rust on the frame penetrates, because I know the rust on the frame is going to be much worse than any body rust.

#3 ·
If the ext cab doors are going, then I'm sure the bed isn't too far behind. Check the bed floor, bed supports, and the wheel wells.

#4 ·
The bed was redone this past spring at the wheel wells and supports. The cab corners were also done. my only concern is those rear doors. the frame and undercarriage has been ground down and por15'd as well. I mean its got new brakes front and rear, wheel bearings, ball joints, clutch... Its got almost 4k in new parts alone, not even considering the body work that has been done already. thanks for the replies by the way guys

#5 ·
Well then the expensive stuff is done already... If it's a good deal, then go for it and get the doors done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.