Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help! ABS light, then radio then guages...now nothing!!!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  crooks 
#1 ·
Driving to work this morning, my abs light came on...then about 2 minutes later, my radio shut off...then about 2 minutes later my gauge cluster (factory dash) went dead. It drove me to work. Then I parked.

I shut off the truck. Went to start it, everything lit up, but it wouldnt start. It acted a little like the battery was dead, but the guages acted like they were freaking out.

Any ideas? I dont have a scanner and I am on patrol today so I can't get it to a dealer...

I'd like to fix it so I can drive home tonight (rather not sleep in the station)

Any questions? Please ask! (oh I couldn't find any popped fuses...)

#2 ·
#22 fuse? i think thats the right one. unplug your fuel bowl heater and check/replace the fuse. the fuel bowl ehater has a tendancy to break and short out and this is a common side effect. since your guages still move you might be able to get away with unplugging your bowl heater. just a thought anyway. let us know what you find.

#3 ·
I will check the fuse if I ever get of work. Bit of an emergency here right now. Taking a breather to check email.
If we catch the turd I will have a chance to get back to my truck. Do you have a photo of where the fuel bowl heater plug? I'm on patrol and can't really (ok don't really have ability/time) to search the net on iPhone.

F'ing nortenos...

#4 ·
This happened to me not too long ago, dumb tech left the negative cable of one of the batteries loose. When i shut it down, both batteries where down, and the alternator was shot, it was a 6.0 and had happened once before, but no lose connections the first time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.