Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

turbo pedestal o-ring help??

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  melmount 
#1 ·
I have a minor leak. It gets wet around the starter.
I can see no oil or wetness in the valley area. I am fairly certain its not the oil pan. I tried tolook as best i can under the turbo. On the pass side rear pedestal hold down bolt, I can see wetness in the dirt thats on it. I replaced the 2 upper o rings just below the turbo not too long ago. I did not realize there were 2 more under the pedestal.
My questions are, where are the 2 o-rings under the pedestal? I have seen pics of pedestals but never of the under side.
MY next question is, if the pedestal was leaking at the bottom, can itleak down the back of the motor but not leak into the valley area? The weap hole back there is dry.

#2 ·
yes there are 4 in all,you have the ones that go to motor to pedistal and then turbo to pedistal.ther are four 10mm bolts under the pedistal,put your hand under there and feel around.i dont know bout everyone else but i found it easier to take these four 10mm bolts out first,take the turbo first leaving the pedistal,this way you can get to the 10mm bolt thats such a b1tch to get to.a lil 1/4 inch driver will do.imo

#3 ·
The two between the block and pedistal are pretty much directly underneath the other two. I'm not sure if they can leak down the back without getting in the valley or not. Another possible place to look is the EBPV actuator. I resealed my pedistal just to find the oil was coming from the actuator on the pedistal too. Ultimately in my case I decided to eliminate the EBPV and get a pedistal without the actuator, but you can rebuild/reseal the actuator.
-Aaron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.