Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Budget Batteries?

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Zaairman 
#1 ·
Everyone raves about the yellow tops, but has anyone found a good low cost battery for their truck?

#2 ·
Kirkland's Best. Aka Costco Batteries. Like $65 a piece I think.

#3 ·
the costo batteries did rate very well in consumer reports if my memory serves me correctly. I just changed mine out for the Interstate Megatrons and they were 202.00 for both out the door...

#4 ·
I am a big fan of Interstate batteries as well. They have always impressed me with their durability, but I wouldn't put them as a "budget" battery either. I finally splurged and got two yellow tops for mine, but the Interstate Megatrons would have been my second choice and are half the price.
-Aaron

#5 ·
The die hard dry cells rated alot higher than optimas. But I have optimas and like them but the die hards were cheaper but didn't know that at the time I think they are die hard platinums or something like that

#9 ·
lol...he said BUDGET batteries :tard:

dont get me wrong, i got tired of cleaning corrosion off my terminals and went with dry cell...but they aint cheap by any measurement!

#10 ·
my truck's got some motorcraft batteries that were installed on 12/1/04.

My alternator died recently, but other than that, the batteries are holding on strong....

#8 ·
I'd call East Penn Manufacturing and see who has their batteries in your area, they will be restamped. Oreillys in my area on the gulf coast are restamped East Penns. 2yr direct replacement with another 5yr prorated.

#12 ·
Crap, I was reading this yesterday for the heck of it and this morning my truck almost didn't start! Help me pick a battery! Would like to stay around $200, my duralasts are only about 3yrs old, (came in the truck) so I'm not getting them again!
How many people have had good luck with the Costco batteries?

#13 ·
i have the wally world neverstarts. had them since janurary, so far they have been great. honestly most batteries these days are only made by two or three companies anyway, Johnson Controls, etc. there are quality differences, but if i get 3 or 4 years from my wally world ones im happy. i think i paid about $85 a piece...

#16 ·
I let my truck sit for a month and it still fired right up with the Costco batteries. :thumb: I went through a set early on, but that turned out to be a bad battery connection (my fault) which ended up killing the batteries. Their replacement program is awesome... just bring them in, and you grab your new ones and are on your way. No testing. :wink[3]:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.