Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

over filled trans?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  OregonStroker 
#1 ·
I did the 6.0 cooler swap the other day and my trans only took like one and a half qts to fill it after. The dip stick is showing its over full. Just wondering if anyone knows if its bad for the 4r100 to be overfilled a little bit. I checked it when the trans was warm, I cant get it above 140 but I assume that is warm enough. thanks for the advice.

#2 · (Edited)
Subscribing. i posted this same question in the transmission forum a couple weeks ago with zippo for response. the negative i've heard is that it can foam the fluid which means loss of cooling capabilities. true? i dunno.

#3 ·
When I checked mine after I filled it from doin my 6.0 cooler I did the same thing. When you did yours do your lines kinda hang down in the front? I wasn't sure how else to run them but my brass fitting hang down right below that frame piece in the front I'm just afraid of something hitting the lines when I'm hunting. I thought about drilling holes in that piece and runnin the lines through it with some gromets.

#6 ·
Ya Ill pm you some pics. It turned out super sanitary.

It causes over pressure I think and over taxes the pump drain a bit out as soon as you can.
I thought the 4r100 has a overfill tube but yeah just to be safe I am going to try to get it on the mark. its a pain in the A to get it on there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.