Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Advice needed for soon to be powerstroke owner

542 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  brba 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've been a chevy gas motor guy for a long time (currently have an 8.1 one ton), but I am searching for a 7.3 powerstroke truck.

I found what seems to be a very well kept 2003 crew cab dually, 6 speed, has about 110k miles. I have not seen the vehicle yet, but I get a good impression from the owner regarding his maintenance of the vehicle, and it looks to be in great condition in the pictures.

My concerns are this...The truck was only used as a trailer/toy hauler since he got it 4 years ago (he got it with about 50k on it), but it did tow quite heavy, seems it grossed around 28k lbs. In addition,it has 4" exhaust, KN filter (not sure if it is just the filter or some kind of intake as well) and an Edge EZ module set on the 60hp setting. He does not have guages in the truck (boost or egt).

What is the chance that it has gotten too hot using the Edge EZ module and not being able to monitor the temps? Is there anything I can check?

Everyone's advice is greatly appreciated!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.